April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Lawrence Kotchek, SKB, Jimmy W, Mark Larson, UncleKP, 1 invisible), 378 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,444
Posts544,810
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ed good
tubes are inappropriate for sxs guns...want that sort of thing, buy an over and under...

Wrong. Many new made S X S guns are offered with flush choke tubes. That may be your personal feeling, but not that of much of the world. I wouldn't put them in a fine vintage gun, but nothing wrong with them in a new gun if it's what the owner wants.

plus, new barrels have to be made heavier at the muzzles, so there is enough metal to machine for the damn things...

Wrong again, for two reasons. Thin wall Brileys can be put in existing guns, and are everyday. They don't add any metal to do that. Secondly, the newer barrel steels are stronger than those used in many old, vintage guns. Perazzi is a perfect example of a barrel maker that doesn't have to make their barrels heavier at the muzzles for choke tubes. I had two MX8s. I sent the barrels from one to Briley and had them threaded for tubes. How'd they do that without adding metal?

an then there are the risks when installing after market tubes...sometimes, installing tubes changes point of aim of one or both barrels...in spite of best efforts of skilled installer, it happens...no one seems to know why...

Wrong, strike three. If the barrels are done properly there will be no change in impact. It's not a process that is occasionally affected by the phases of the moon, or black magic. Set up right ..... do the processes right ..... you'll get the right result. Problem is, not everybody who puts tubes in barrels does it right. It's up to you to cull the shadetrees before sending the gun out.

the presence of after market tubes are a detriment to value of old used guns...better to open existing chokes, or acquire second gun, choked the way you like...

Opening the chokes of some vintage guns can be a detriment to their value as well.

Back to the batter's cage for practice .........ed

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

well stan, you see it your way, i see it mine...

why cant we just agree to disagree, without the rudeness?

Last edited by ed good; 01/25/21 07:49 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

In the future, ed, when you post something that is "as you see it", qualify your statement with this ........ "in my opinion". That's all it takes to keep from being "called out".

In the meantime ........... practice keeping your eye on the ball.

Sidelock
Sidelock

well stan, much of what we all post here is opinion...

an wheather we all preface our posts, or not, is...well...none o yo damn bidness, don ya no...

Last edited by ed good; 01/25/21 08:34 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

none o yo damn bidness

without the rudeness?

laugh laugh laugh

Sidelock
Sidelock

sum times, gotta fight fire wid fire...

an you know stan, ah woke up dis morning feelin pretty good fur an ole man...

den ah read yo hostile posts...attackin me an my opinyons bout choke tubes in sxs gons...

now ah don feel so good...

but, den ah shudda spected hit, you bein duh in since see tive slug dat you is, an awl...

thanks alot stan fur ruinin my day...

Last edited by ed good; 01/25/21 09:51 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You two should consider getting a mOtel....truth is who gives a damn Charlottes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

hi jOe, nice to know that you are still with us...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.