March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (bushveld, docbill, Dave Weber, cable, 2 invisible), 339 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,999
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

wonderful old guns...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

For hammers see the DIY gunsmithing page

Sidelock
Sidelock

Serialization book shows 76819
Gra PT 0 grade with twist barrels
T Top action
0 No options
C Capped pistol grip
12 12 gauge
30 30 " barrels

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong

1 member likes this: DAM16SXS
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you all for the info.

Does the "P" denote 12 gauge?

Sidelock
Sidelock

PT is the grade P= 0 grade, T=twist barrels

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks James.

Are the parts the same for liked actions, gauges and locks?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Over the years I've seen my share of Parker Hammer guns, my observation for what its worth:
The top lever guns seem to be pretty standardized and were mostly made in 12 and 10 gauge, the frames were made in different sizes depending on gauge and desired weight. Most are on the heavier side, I believe the locks for 12 and 10 gauge gun are pretty much the same, never seen and 8 gauge so couldn't say. I've owned 1 16 gauge but it was several years ago (1970s) it was an 0 frame size but don't remember if the locks were smaller, 16s are rare and more so for 20s. I don't know if anyone has made a survey of the hammer guns on how many made by grade, but looking through the serialization book it's apparent that most were 0 grades. The higher grades seem to be based on the same components as the lower grades just more file work, polishing and embellishment. I believe that the Parkers were the the best quality of the mass produced American made hammer guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by james-l
Over the years I've seen my share of Parker Hammer guns, my observation for what its worth:
The top lever guns seem to be pretty standardized and were mostly made in 12 and 10 gauge, the frames were made in different sizes depending on gauge and desired weight. Most are on the heavier side, I believe the locks for 12 and 10 gauge gun are pretty much the same, never seen and 8 gauge so couldn't say. I've owned 1 16 gauge but it was several years ago (1970s) it was an 0 frame size but don't remember if the locks were smaller, 16s are rare and more so for 20s. I don't know if anyone has made a survey of the hammer guns on how many made by grade, but looking through the serialization book it's apparent that most were 0 grades. The higher grades seem to be based on the same components as the lower grades just more file work, polishing and embellishment. I believe that the Parkers were the the best quality of the mass produced American made hammer guns.

Get yourself a copy of the two-volume set of The Parker Story to learn most of everything known about Parker Bros. shotguns until its publication in the late 1990's including the tables at the end of each of the Grades section listing the number of each configuration of each grade and the quantities of each produces.

It is a very informative set of volumes on the Parker Gun and all things Parker. Well worth the investment for those who are students of the Parker Gun.
look on ebay or contact Double Gun Journal to order a set.

Sidelock
Sidelock

or buy ed muderlak's book "old reliable"...it has a lot less super fo le us words, for a lot less money...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...1312&_nkw=ed+muderlak&_sacat=267

all of ed's books are well written, informative and entertaining...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed's book, and the Parker Story are two completely different types of books. I have both, and Ed's book doesn't hold a candle to the PS for info about Parker guns. Eds is more of a story telling book.

1 member likes this: DAM16SXS
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.