March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Bob Jurewicz, lagopus, Jtplumb, SKB, craigd), 871 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,017
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Picked up the few final lbs of VV powder @ a local haunt & the good word on the street is that things are going to get worse before it will get better. The term dire was used and the month of May would be when we will see some change in supply. From that it will take say 24 months to get up to speed. And all of this is predicated on a COVID-19 serum and folks actually coming back to work.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

A different buddy, figuring he was bored, and needed something to do, loaded me up some range/practice ammunition. Every now and then he just does that. This is a low excitement load, shoots beautiful groups out of my Colt Trooper, might not punch through a leather jacket, however.
I came home and it was left on the deck. I’ll call and thank him, later. I have good friends.

Best,
Ted

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thankfully, I'm pretty much set for many years to come (assuming hunting continues to be an acceptable pastime). Target shooting (in any form) is not long for the world unless supplies of ammo become available again. Not feeling very good about any of this but....helpless to do much about it at this point. The future appears to be pretty dystopic right now. Hopefully things get better.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Even in 2013 time frame, our local guy kept a pretty decent supply. He had primers and components too, he just had a policy of limiting what each buyer could get. Not too strict, I recall buying 3 boxes of something and that was ok. He just didn't want to be cleaned out. And he kept his prices within reason...certainly in comparison to the internet.

But today is unreal. He has almost nothing. .270, .30-06 and .30-30 are the most popular calibers around here by far...and he had zero to sell this afternoon. NO 12 gauge, only a couple random boxes of 20ga and .410. About the only thing there was a decent amount of was .22lr. But only one choice of CCI and one load of American Eagle.

Ironically, I think that Federal is afraid to invest in another facility because they worry about running it is/when things normalize.

I wonder if it's like this currently in other places? I know Winchester used to make a lot of rimfire ammo in Oz, and names like PPU in Serbia are very good. Are they scarce too? What about the Asian stuff?

NDG

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Lloyd3
Thankfully, I'm pretty much set for many years to come (assuming hunting continues to be an acceptable pastime). Target shooting (in any form) is not long for the world unless supplies of ammo become available again. Not feeling very good about any of this but....helpless to do much about it at this point. The future appears to be pretty dystopic right now. Hopefully things get better.

I’m good on hunting ammunition, as well. I have been stocking up on that for years. I think I warehoused about 50 rolls of toilet paper, last go around.

Never can be too prepared.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

And yet...

A couple of days ago I received an email announcement from "Remington" (probably actually from Federal) that they are reintroducing their old High Density waterfowl loads (the stuff that came in green/yellow/orange boxes of 10 rounds each). That is welcome news, but no info on pricing or actual availability.

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Some of this crap takes you by surprise. I went to see my local gunsmith who always has some ammo for sale in the shop. Needed some .257 Roberts ammo. Shoot Hornady out of the mannlicher and it shoots well. Anyway, I had 6 rounds left from the last time I bought ammo and walked in the door. Said I need some Roberts ammo and he said good luck. His assistant started looking behind the counter and found two boxes. Exactly what I needed. I said give me a box and the assistant said there might not be any more for a long long time and I said oh hell give me both. When I got back home and went on line he was right. There was no distributor in the US that had that ammo. All sold out and I looked everywhere. Figure I'm good for a few more years now. I generally shoot about 6 shells a season between checking my zero and knocking down a few deer. 2 Boxes should las for a while. If anyone has extra obsolete ammo (you sold the gun for example) now is the time to move it for sure.

foxes rule
JDH Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Panic,hoarding or prudence?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes

Speude Bradeos
Sidelock
Sidelock

tut,

"The Bob" is so underappreciated! I guess the likes of .260 Rem and the 6.5's have all stolen it's thunder. Just a good ole round nose at a medium velocity. I put the 7-30 Waters into a similar category.

NDG

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.