March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hammergun, welder, canvasback, Lloyd3, SKB, Owenjj3), 795 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Woodreaux
....I have to admit that watching a crowd of extreme rightists storm our capitol this month made the picture look a little less one sided.

"Violence of one kind or another."
Have you seen the video of the horned, woolly mammoth fellow? A lone security officer, looking like a donut connoissuer, wanders into one of the chambers to ask how woolly and his buddies were doing. Woolly was polite as can be, and one of his buddies was on his phone, probably with his wife complaining he got hit in the eye pretty hard?

I think you see armed extreme right wing insurection, while I'm wonder why there's no curiosity about the funding of campaigns of elected state attourney generals who're ignoring felonies and releasing extremely violent criminals into their communities. Possibly, mainstream extremism in plain sight. I can appreciate a balanced perspective, but I also don't mind disagreeing with characterizations and generalizations. No big deal.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Big brother is watching. I just hope they give me a chance to put some clothes on after my shower. Would not want to be responsible for mass blinding of them. This entire mess seems to go against the right in the US Constitution for the pursuit of happiness. Nothing should be more so when you are listening to music.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Indeed. When it comes to BLM/ANTIFA vs MAGA/QAnon, I take the Doc Holliday approach.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Jim
Sidelock
Sidelock

Would not know an Onkyo from YoKo Ono (formerly Mrs. Lennon--ooopsie) Like my hero Warren Buffett, I carry a cheap Radio Shack $20 pay as you go flip phone-to keep Mae happy when my Lab and I are out hunting-and if it has a GPS, fine--I still know how to read a compass. But you take the rampant usage of drugs by the ever-growing criminal element, and no wonder rural crime rates are rising. Having good and trustworthy neighbors who pay attention to All details-day in-day out is a blessing indeed. Stan, if and when the wolf comes to our door, he'll be looking at the muzzle of a loaded with OO buckshot 12 gauge Win. M97 riot model shotgun--ready for duty-RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Woodreaux
Was just listening to Rod Drehers book, Live Not By Lies, today. And the chapter I ended with was about the invitation of corporate (and government) surveillance and input into our lives in the form of phones, smart speakers, internet searches, etc. (I e the wolf isn't at the door, he's in your pocket).

It's a good book so far, and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in the soft totalitarianism of the radical left. (My only criticism of the book so far is that Mr Dreher seems to maybe miss the also real threat of totalitarianism of the extrene right, granting that that threat is not as present at the moment. In my view, the problem with both varieties of extremism is the willingness to accept as true only those things that reinforce what they already believe and to be willing to prepetrate violence of one kind or another on those who do not accept their ideas as sacrosanct and infallible).

Anyway, my only point in the reply above was that this Pandora thing turns out not to be a case of Big Brother sneaking into the bathroom so much as the Nanny State treating us like snowflakes who need to be reminded to "turn that damn music down or you'll hurt your ears!"

Woodreaux:

Dreher has recognized that shortcoming and intends to address it in the next edition.

Rem

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Ted, another commercial printer here. I'm on the sales end though. Oh and don't mess with my tunes or my volume....guns either

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Remington40x
Dreher has recognized that shortcoming and intends to address it in the next edition.

Rem

I'm looking forward to that. My criticism is really in the context of appreciation for his clear voice in the midst of a lot of chaos. We need more people like Mr Dreher.

Jim
cpa Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe the volume being turned down is built into the device based on WHO recommendations to protect hearing. It is not being turned down by WHO as they would have no access to your device.

Sidelock
Sidelock

True that== being as how I do not have device, and would not know how to use one if I had one- problem not only solved, but prevented. All this super-spying business reminds me of Brave New World--RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
1 member likes this: HomelessjOe
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, explain this one to me please. This morning I was on the "throne" and my phone was in the kitchen three rooms away. I heard a notification that I had received a text. In a few minutes I heard another one. When I got to my phone it was my employee asking what time I wanted him to meet me this a.m. Then, somehow my phone had responded to him and sent him a text saying "Whenever you want". Then, the second notification I heard was him texting me back saying he would be on shortly. I did NOT send the short reply text to his initial text, but it WAS sent from my phone. There was no one else in the house who could have sent it on my phone. I don't know how it got sent, as the phone was three rooms away from me when it happened.

This stuff is getting a little too weird for me.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.