March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Marc Ret, Tim in PA, Sandlapper, 1 invisible), 785 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by John Roberts
So I've been reduced to "this guy", Ted? Dang, you cut me to the quick...
JR

You don’t know midwestern church basement high praise when you see it, do you, John? “ Hey, Lena, great lutefisk “ is usually reduced to just a nod. Lena knows.

I was totally in agreement with you.

Best,
Ted

I knew. I'm just so sensitive these days...
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have owned & shot 5 Parker Reproductions over the years. One 28 ga, two 20 ga. & two 12 ga. guns. All were SST guns. The 12 ga .guns got shot a lot at sporting clays (one Sporting Clays special w/ screw in Winchester chokes & one Steel Shot Special) . The 28 ga.& 20 ga. guns got carried a lot but not shot much.

Other than ejector issues after a lot of shooting with one of the 12 ga guns (not unheard of w/ original Parkers) & a creepy trigger pull on one of the 20 ga. guns (a very early 28" pistol grip gun w/the longer LOP & classy wood that i wish I would have kept) I never had any mechanical issues.

Cosmetically the case colors did wear very rapidly if you used them much.

I knew a few guys who had issues w/ SST guns doubling but that was mostly with guns that were purchased years after production ceased & Reagent Chemical had sold off remaining stock to several big dealers. I was told that cleaning the trigger assemblies of old lube generally put things right

IMO very nice guns for the $$ you like Parkers & dimension fit you.

1 member likes this: DAM16SXS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Gr8day
I heard lutefisk helps rid your basement of mice...

Back to topic, I’ve been looking for a 28g and have considered a Rizzini 552 and Fausti DEA. I may add a Repro to the mix.

Parker Repros are very reliable. You may find the 20's on the heavy side. 28's weigh pretty much what they should. But for some strange reason, the Japanese choked those guns as if they were 12's. WAY tight for 28's. Find one choked Quail 1 & 2 and you have yourself a really nice grouse, woodcock, and quail gun. They are the most expensive of the Repro DHE's.

12's aren't heavy either compared to American classic 12's. Find one of the 20's with an extra set of 16ga barrels . . . those are also very nice. Wish mine had DT and a straight grip, but there are few enough out there with 16ga barrels that you can't be too picky.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I bought a Parker repro 20 in January 1987. I was attracted to the very dark figured stock wood. I hunted grouse and ptarmigan (oh my) with this gun for the first 15 years I owned it. Most of the "case coloring" went away quickly.
After a few years, the buttstock cracked at the wrist! Turns out, the factory did not pay attention to the grain direction in the wrist. I personally know two other people in the Anchorage area that had the same stock break...one a 12 gauge the other a 28 gauge! Mine was repaired by a pro and saw no further problems.
Next thing that happened was that the single trigger gun would not fire the second barrel at times. Worse, it would jam the action so that I could not open the gun without removing the forend. I learned that I was not the only person with this problem in a single trigger Repro. A person, I think on this board, corresponded that he had sent his Repro to three different Pro gunsmiths and it was never corrected. He suggested conversion to double triggers...and that's what I did.
When I sold the gun several years ago, it was working fine with DT. The other change was that the DT conversion actually resulted in a 14-3/4" LOP...way too much for me.
The gun had easily 1000 rounds through it when it left me.
I think the metal work and fit and finish on the guns is great. A good working Repro is hard to beat. I would never buy a single trigger version, though. In fact, all of my doubles, including two Beretta O/Us have DT...

Sidelock
Sidelock

There were Repros (early on) that had problems with stocks cracking. But it's been a long time since I've heard of that happening any time recently. I've put a lot of rounds through my single trigger Repro without a problem. That being said, I wish they'd made a higher percentage of them with DT's.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.