March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ken Nelson, SKB, skeettx, LRF, Lawrence Kotchek, Karl Graebner), 875 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Posted for Stan(ton) Hillis:

From an America San Giorgio. Nothing cast here, just fabulous sculpting with hand tools and an artists eye. A bit of Gothic design here? Reminds me a bit of gargoyles.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
1 member likes this: MD2
Sidelock
Sidelock

This thread has been a joy and a feast for the eyes ! Thank you Mr. Wood.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great post! Hammer shotguns and rifles are outstanding for me. Here is my simply but lovely 28 ga Wiggan&Elliott.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

British 14 bore rifle, unmarked and converted from ML to centerfire long ago.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A very best Alex. Henry 10 bore single barrel rifle

A Lancaster .50 cal smooth rifle(oval bore)

William Moore 14 bore 2 groove percussion rifle

Last edited by SKB; 02/23/21 12:37 PM.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
British 14 bore rifle, unmarked and converted from ML to centerfire long ago.]

Small world. I once owned that very rifle, in the early 1980s, in Toronto. I sold it as I was leaving the country for a number of years, and shortly afterwards a ill-conceived gun registry came into effect, causing a great many guns to move south to the USA. A lot of fine guns left, and gun shows up here in the past years have been a shadow of their former selves, with few fine pieces to be seen. Glad to see that rifle is being cared for!

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Steve Nash
Originally Posted by SKB
British 14 bore rifle, unmarked and converted from ML to centerfire long ago.]

Small world. I once owned that very rifle, in the early 1980s, in Toronto. I sold it as I was leaving the country for a number of years, and shortly afterwards a ill-conceived gun registry came into effect, causing a great many guns to move south to the USA. A lot of fine guns left, and gun shows up here in the past years have been a shadow of their former selves, with few fine pieces to be seen. Glad to see that rifle is being cared for!

I know two other guys who once owned it as well and I did not buy it from either of them, I bought it at Basspro of all places. It needed a new bridle, a fly, a front sight and the barrel was bent. I re-finish both the wood and the metal and attended to all of the above issues. I have since sold it to a new owner who appreciates it and shoots it regularly as well as hunts it.

Yes indeed, small world.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Adding pics of my Greener to keep this going

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Beautiful symmetry, JB. Greener always had nice hammers on his early guns. Looks like on heck of a nice gun! Thanks for sharing.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gorgeous guns! I have wanted a hammergun ever since I sold my last one (20 Thomas Bland). I just havent been able to justify owning something that I would use so sparingly. They are an art form I never seem to tire of looking at, so perhaps yet again some day?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Joe Wood
Posted for Stan(ton) Hillis:

From an America San Giorgio. Nothing cast here, just fabulous sculpting with hand tools and an artists eye. A bit of Gothic design here? Reminds me a bit of gargoyles.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Why would you think they weren't cast ?

Kinda look out of place on the plane looking side plate.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.