March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Jtplumb, CJF, ChiefAmungum, Lloyd3, battle, 1 invisible), 300 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,981
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bls Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Finding at the end of the Pheasant Season that here in the MIdwest, when it's 10degrees outside and a 15mph Plains Wind is sweeping across the Prairie, it can get a bit hard to feel either of the triggers...Yes, I've doubled before wearing thick gloves on flushed birds...

Has anyone found some good quality thin battery powered gloves that work well?

Have tried the charcoal heater packs, they are nice, but something with a bit more oomph is what I'm after.

And no, it's not an excuse to just go buy a Single Trigger Gun! Hahahah

Sidelock
Sidelock

I know what works for me, but they aren't battery powered.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

bls Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm all ears Brent!
Suggestions welcome.... just not 'get a single trigger; lol

Sidelock
Sidelock

I use a battery powered hand warmer in my coat pocket as necessary.
Recharges via usb in the truck. RGS gave them out to sponsors.

It really depends on your circulation.

Thin fleece, wool, or silk work pretty well for me.

I have a pair called “Hot shots” I found at Menards in their hunting dept that seem to be adequate. Nice orange, so harder to lose.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I get cold fingers and toes very easily. I believe it is a by product of growing up in Minnesota and being frostbit on numerous occasions. In any event, hand and foot warmth is important to me and this is what I use for bird hunting.

These are the best shooting gloves I've ever used
Outdoor Research Gloves

[img]https://www.rei.com/media/c20e59c9-7c77-46dd-8e51-46cf3b41a11c?size=431x574[/img] Click on it and should open.

They are wind and waterproof. Do not buy them to be tight, but they will stretch very nicely to fit your fingers without bunching up and without floppy finger tips.

If these are not enough, then slide your gloved, left hand into one of these Burton Workhorse Leather Chopper Mitten

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]
while keeping your gloved right hand in your jacket pocket for the first 30 minutes of hunting. After that, you should be fine with just the gloves and no mitt.

If that doesn't do it, then a pair of these. Zippo hand warmers

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

Slide one inside each wrist cuff of a long glove, or more likely, inside the wrist elastic of your hunting parka. Keep them against your wrist where the blood is shallow and easily warmed as it passes by. This will work, even when sitting on a deer stand.

If none of that works - maybe it's a good day to stay home. smile

I should add, proven effective with double triggers on Scott, Lang, Evans, Greener, Cashmore, Merkel, and numberous flint and percussion muzzleloaders.

Last edited by BrentD; 02/16/21 07:25 PM.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.