March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Jimmy W, fullandfuller, craigd, Lloyd3, gasgunner, 1 invisible), 303 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,980
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
Last I heard the African Elephant is not on the endangered list.

Elephant ivory brought into this country after the mid 1980s has been illegal to sell in any form or fashion for a very long time.

Sale and importation of Ivory has been documented for years and years....myself I don't think there ever was a lot of illegal ivory smuggled into this country.
We have alot of people that went to Africa hunting and killed lots of game including lots of Elephants I know of lots of people around Memphis that killed more than their share.

You have to be a hunter to realize this ivory is a trophy....you dont have to like it but Elephants weren't endangered by hunters.

All Obama's law did was punish the people thats ancestors went over to Africa hunting years ago by blocking the sale of the trophy ivory after the hunters death.

In most states raw legal pre mid 1980s ivory is legal to sell with in state lines if you have documentation.

They're are exceptions to this. In most liberal states...Yankee states up the east coast and Yuppie states up the west coast and most pot head states like Colorado....some even went so far as making of 10,000 year old Mammorh ivory illegal to buy or sell.

I'm in Tennessee say I had a Colt with pre 1980s ivory grips and I wanted to sell it on Gunbroker I could legally sell it to a guy Georgia but not to New York...take the grips off the gun and you can not sell the grips alone across state lines.

There's a twist in the law that gives a percentage. I believe it can't be over 50 % of the product or 50 % of the value of the product. Main trouble with using ivory to make things is you can not buy or sell it in raw form across state lines

Unless you're unfortunate enough to live in one of the Commie states....then the restrictions are greater.

I must say Sanford I would've went for a few more brass pins in that butt ugly coffin handle. That knife was a waste of good ivory....shewww.

You must enjoy being wrong frAnk, it seems to be the case more often than not. Colorado has no State laws regarding Elephant ivory or Mammoth ivory.

Have you been putting bourbon on your cheerios again?

https://kniferights.org/state-ivory-ban-summary/

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
SKB #599011 07/02/21 07:13 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Go smoke another jOint Stevie...

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Go smoke another jOint Stevie...

You are the one blowing smoke frAnklin....

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was surprised by the ideas that illegal ivory trade is not an issue in the US and that elephants are not considered endangered. I can't find anything to support either idea.

re the conservation status of African elephants:
"African elephant species now Endangered and Critically Endangered - IUCN Red List "

and re: America's role in the illegal international ivory trade:
USFWS Article Regarding US Ivory Trade

Traffic.org article about US illegal ivory trade

As far as I can tell African elephants certainly are endangered and the United States certainly is a part of the international ivory trade that makes poaching a persistent problem.

Jim
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I must say Sanford I would've went for a few more brass pins in that butt ugly coffin handle. That knife was a waste of good ivory....shewww.

I'm afraid most of us don't share your gift for distinguishing good taste in the use of ivory. How could we forget the breath-taking use of ivory on your Benelli Super-Duper Black Eagle? laugh

The more I get to know about yOu the more comforted I am every time yOu don't agree with me. This is just one more exAmple.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: SKB
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Woodreaux
As far as I can tell African elephants certainly are endangered and the United States certainly is a part of the international ivory trade that makes poaching a persistent problem.

Trust me Wood'roe America is not to blame for everything.

Several years back they were taken off the endangered list and limited hunting was allowed....I guess they're back on 'some lists.

Here's what I came up with....quote

"With an estimated 415,000 elephants left on the continent, the species is regarded as vulnerable, although certain populations are being poached towards extinction. ... With only 40,000-50,000 left in the wild, the species is classified as endangered"

The illegal ivory trade goes to China and Japan.....got to like the confiscated ivory tourists trinkets pictured in your link.

With today's liberal media I'm sure if any Ivory was caught entering the United States it would be front page news.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sanford the ivory gear shift knob in my truck has more soul than that bowie.....

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

That's good, 'cause the inlay in your SBE sure doesn't.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My Randall will eat that Pak'estan damascus for lunch...

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Sanford the ivory gear shift knob in my truck has more soul than that bowie.....

My Randall will eat that Pak'estan damascus for lunch...

I never cease to be amazed at the improvements in deep thinking that you are exhibiting lately. You're certainly making progress!

Where are you now, at about the 5th grade level?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.