March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
10 members (BEY, ChiefAmungum, canvasback, FelixD, Dan R, 2 invisible), 385 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,987
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Para, Terry sent me a complete list of his inventory sent to Amoskeog Auction in 2016. He had about 40 Reilly's. I assume this is the gun you're thinking about (although on Terry's list it's a shotgun):

145 Shotgun Edwinson green SxS Double Barrel 8087 12 Ga

Looks it sold at Amoskeog on April 03, 2016 for $900.00.

Lot#: 29039237 - Edwinson Green Sidelock Double Ejectorgun
serial #8087, 12 ga (2 1/2"), 28" matted barrels choked modified and improved cylinder with bright excellent bores. The barrels have been professionally re-sleeved retaining 97% of their quality re-blued finish displaying a few light handling marks and a raised dings on the left barrel. The breech ends are lightly engraved but are somewhat faint from the refinish and the rib is maker marked "EDWINSON GREEN MAKER CHELTENHAM". The locks and frame have been cleaned and remain a bright pewter color, they are embellished in a light scroll engraving having nice geometric borders and are marked "E.C. GREEN" on both sides. The top lever retains 90% original blue finish having some loss on the high edges. The long tang triggerguard has been cleaned leaving the engraving slightly faint. The checkered walnut straight grip buttstock rates near excellent as lightly refinished long ago displaying light scattered dings along with a very thin 1/4" crack behind the upper tang. The buttstock is fitted with a silver un-engraved monogram plate, which has a ding in the center and a hard rubber buttplate which provides a length of pull of 14 1/4" with drops of 1 1/4" and 1 3/4". The splinter forend rates very good as lightly cleaned long ago having a few light chips around the edges. The gun features double triggers, Greener style cross bolt, ejectors and automatic safety. The gun locks up tight and is in good working condition. (177147-145) {MODERN} [Terry Buffum Collection]

That's the only Edwinson Green on his list...so if he had another one he might retain it. Send him an email ...or I could do it for you. We discuss Reilly's regularly.
Gene

Last edited by Argo44; 05/20/21 08:09 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Can anyone explain how a short barrel 97 Winchester sold for $25,000 ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dear Gene,

Sorry to have been unclear, I was referring to a rifle by Edwinson Green that had been in Mr. Malcolm King’s collection, not in Terry’s.

Interested to see the details of Terry’s gun.

I bought my first shotgun from Dudley Green, the third generation of the family at Edwinson Green.

My favourite 12 bore is one of his father’s or grandfather’s make dating from 1895,

Best Regards

Parabola

Sidelock
Sidelock

Malcom King bought almost all of my friend Chuck Swinehart's double rifle collection sold over a couple years by James Julia. The last time I was at his house he had 14 eight bore double rifles (mostly Hollands) ,4 four bore Rodda double rifles and many other English double rifles. I have seen most of Chucks doubles sold in the Rock Island Auction and they brought in some cases 1/2 what Malcom bought them for. Chuck Swinehart passed away last fall.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

A friend and client now owns one of those 8 bore rifles, a G.E. Lewis that he picked it up for a very good price. It has been nicely restored and is very impressive.

Last edited by SKB; 05/26/21 09:19 AM.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.