March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (lagopus, Marc Ret, Argo44, 3 invisible), 290 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,001
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why would anyone buy AA or any premium shell unless they are shooting for a living. Not many of us are shooting a game where a missed target is a financial disaster. Use the cheap stuff if you can find it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by eightbore
Why would anyone buy AA or any premium shell unless they are shooting for a living. Not many of us are shooting a game where a missed target is a financial disaster. Use the cheap stuff if you can find it.

Finding any shotgun ammo, much less the inexpensive stuff, is still a problem right now. I shoot skeet every Sunday so I go through a case every 4-5 weeks. I've been lucky in that I've been able to buy a case at Cabelas every once in a while. enough that I have enough on hand for maybe 3 months. It is very much a seller's market right now and I have to give credit to Cabelas/Bass Pro/Sportsmen's Warehouse for not jacking up the prices and restricting people on how much they can buy. There have been credible rumors of local gun stores sending their employees to Cabelas, have them buy as much ammo as possible and then turnaround and sell it at a much higher price.

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.
Sidelock
Sidelock

$12/box for RST's is an excellent price. Two years ago if I ordered a flat of RST's the price was $130.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by dogon
Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
Local retailer (Sporting Goods Mom&Pop) has 12 gauge RST and AA target loads for $12.00/box (plus tax)-- this is in small farm town MI-- how does this compare with prices in your neck of the woods. Some SC events are way low in attendance, due to ammo shortages/high prices, etc. When will the madness end?? RWTF

The madness will end when enough people quit panic buying & hoarding to let the manufacturers can catch up & restock the shelves!!
You forgot to include the needed supply chain to manufacture and deliver needed materials for production.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just saw a box of older Federal 3-inch .410-bore mixed shells show up on GI for $125. One full with the correct shells just sold in the Ward's Auction for $27!! Ward's gave the range as $10 to $30.

https://www.wardscollectibles.com/viewitem.php?item=10443

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have an unopened case 20 boxes of 410 2 1/2 inch # 9 paper Western skeet loads. Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

.410 loads have been selling on GunBroker for $30.00 a box for a while. Just not to me. Have not checked lately so maybe stupid prices are coming down into the outrageous range. It will be a couple years until stuff comes back a bit to normal.

Bobby, as a youth I shot a lot of 28 gauge Winchester paper shells. I loved those paper shells. First case came in a wooden crate but the others all came in cardboard boxes. Use to buy them at WesternAuto store in town. Funny thing is that they almost always just happened to have a case I wanted on hand when I had earned enough money to buy them. Took me years to figure out my father would go into the store and order them shortly before I had enough money to buy them. He took good care of my shooting needs like everything else he did. Quietly and without fanfare.

Back in those days I most likely had the only 28 gauge in our county. Many Skeet shooters shot 3” .410 for the 28 gauge event because they did not have a true 28. Small bore events were 50 target events at small clubs. Nearest Skeet club was 30 miles away and I never knew about it until I was in college. I would have loved to shoot Skeet as a kid when I had sharp eyes, reflexes like a cat and a Winchester Model 12 in 28 Skeet. Today I still have the gun but eyes are proper age, reflexes are so-so and now I shoot with my friend arthritis every round.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I’ve picked up random four box packs (Estates, Winchester promos/AA’s etc) at Wally World to satisfy most of my practice requirements. The NSCA has relaxed its requirements on using reloads in some tourneys this year and I’ve shot a ton of those.Powder and shot are available (at elevated prices) in my area but primers are still scarce. I was fortunate to have a 10k surplus at the start of the year but am down to 4K now. I’m shooting the US Open next week and was glad to hear they will have 3 containers of Federal, Winchester and Fiocchi shells on site. With over a thousand shooters attending they’ll need them! I don’t anticipate any bargains.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.