March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Argo44, DaveB, graybeardtmm3, Kip, bsteele, Jeremy Pearce), 803 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll second Geo Newburn's recommendation of an electric UTV. I have a Bad Boy Buggy Ambush which is a hybrid, gas and electric. Mine has electric front drive and gas rear. It will run on either individually or both together. It has locking differential both front and rear so if you need 4 wheels locked and driving you got it. I have used it for quail hunting behind dogs, deer and pig hunting. When you don't need the quite anymore you can switch to gas power and recharge your batteries. I'm not sure if they are made anymore but I love mine. Polaris makes a 72 Volt all electric which is great. I seriously consided it but hunt in long distance remote areas and feared dead batteries.
Bob Jurewicz

Sidelock
Sidelock

A buddy just dropped 30 large on a Polaris.
As mentioned previously everything is an option. Shoot, I’m too cheap to buy a rear view mirror for mine! 😀

Last edited by Ken Nelson; 07/03/21 05:46 PM.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Owenjj3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks gentlemen, lots of good info here. I will expand my search beyond Honda and take my time.

Owen
Sidelock
Sidelock

One of the places I hunt ducks in AR has several UTVs for going into and out of the flooded fields where the blinds are. They have only Honda Pioneers for the reason the axles are submerged in water and mud for hundreds of yards each day. They told me that no other brand of UTV has seals that hold up to the water and mud as well as the ones on the Honda. The Polaris eats drive belts, when run constantly in the water and mud, they told me. Honda's don't have a belt drive. Most people don't need the high degree of "waterproofness" of the Honda's axle seals, but I just thought it was interesting.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts
Originally Posted by 28 gauge shooter
I have the Kawasaki mule for the past 4 years, it’s maintenance free and does what we ask of it. However, if your of off the beaten path in rough conditions, it will beat you to death and you’ll need to lock the differential in 99% of the time if it’s muddy and a little steep. Or your not going anywhere. The mules top speed is around 25mph if that matters. It is a workhorse in terms of towing and hauling.
Rich

You've got the old version that has long been superseded, and everything you wrote is true. No comparison between it and the new Pro FXT.
JR

I need to go and check the newer model may be time to trade up!

Sidelock
Sidelock

One of the reasons I looked at Honda first, besides the name, was the transmission. Turns out the CVT and belts issue is really not an issue for most people in real life. If you are sensible in how you use it anyways. Water entry is usually through breather or vent tubes. First thing I do on all my trucks is put a breather extension on the diffs.

Polaris makes a special edition for waterfowl hunters the Hi Lifter. Many waterfowl guides use them.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

You can get extensions for the CVT air intake snorkels if you think you are going really deep

[Linked Image from cdn11.bigcommerce.com]

I downloaded the service manual for the Hi Lifter and extended my vent lines to the same locations as the Hi Lifter. No need for snorkels if I keep my head on my shoulders, when I was younger much younger with my FJ55 Iron pig it was more like hold my beer and watch this. Now not so much. While I carry more than a 100 pounds of recovery gear including a chainsaw my goal in life now is to NOT need to use any of it laugh

Here beaver dams or is that damn beavers? cause a lot of water crossing issues. I get the Toller out and throw a stick for him to check the water deepness if I have any doubts.

Dog is starting to think he is part beaver by now.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Swimming hard and did pretty much the whole way out. With a fairly strong current in the middle.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Hard pass on that one there are other places to hunt. And the BWCA Wilderness starts just on the other side of the rise anyhow.

Sidelock
Sidelock

that place is made for an ARGO. Looks like the "road ' out to our duck blinds. we have a couple at our camp and they go anywhere. one has a small transom on the back for crossing larger creeks they will cross with just the tracks but are slow. worth starting the motor if deep enough.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.