March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Researcher, Ian Forrester, Jimmy W, damascus, Roundsworth, 1 invisible), 660 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Lloyd3 #599591 07/14/21 09:24 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm surprised this thread has turned into a farmer bashing fest. American farmers are pretty regulated as far as I can see. There is a limit to how much habitat preservation can go on and still run a farming business. I don't really see the feed the world argument as justifying environmental abuse because our farmers are so good now that hungry people aren't in the picture and profit lies in the above the rim surpluses produced, but I do believe agricultural regulation keeps things at a safe level...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern
I'm surprised this thread has turned into a farmer bashing fest. American farmers are pretty regulated as far as I can see. There is a limit to how much habitat preservation can go on and still run a farming business. I don't really see the feed the world argument as justifying environmental abuse because our farmers are so good now that hungry people aren't in the picture and profit lies in the above the rim surpluses produced, but I do believe agricultural regulation keeps things at a safe level...Geo

George I bet you still believe in the Easter Bunny.

We have the urge to hunt but there is nothing left to hunt but squirrels, deer and few turkeys around here.

This is not a "farmer bash" it's a Farming practice bash....something no one wants to take on.

Lloyd3 #599595 07/14/21 10:59 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

If it helps, hoJo I am still P.O. about the quail/insecticide connection...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
This is not a "farmer bash" it's a Farming practice bash...

Great example of "it's better to be thought of as an idiot than to type stupid sh it on the internet and remove all doubt". Lmao...
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If it helps, George, it's better to be pissed off than to be pissed on.
JR

Lloyd3 #599601 07/14/21 01:48 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am lucky enough to be able to hunt a very large produce farmers farms. They use alot of chemicals. They have gotten into predator hunting and have always done scheduled burns. The quail have good cover. I have always been surrounded by quail no matter where I set up to turkey hunt. More so the past 5 years. Our hunting club for deer and ducks is turning out to be the same way. The population is booming from the young guys predator hunting. The urge to hunt I think is just experiencing something new and being able to harvest. It's primal and we should all stick together to preserve it. Teach the new and young folks and learn from the experienced.

Lloyd3 #599603 07/14/21 02:33 PM
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I would seem that nothing in this world is very simple anymore. The tendrils of administrative control have crept into just about every aspect of our lives. This thread certainly wasn't started to bash farmers or anyone else but it has exposed the level of difficulty everybody now seems to face in order to farm or even hunt (or just about any other pursuit, frivolous or otherwise). Purely by accident, we've been watching "Clarkson's Farm" on Amazon lately. Car guy Jeremy Clarkson (late of Top Gear fame on the BBC) has a new series on him running a farm in the Cotswolds' section of Great Briton. The show is largely focused on his famously-irreverent approach to life being a humorous complication to the very serious business of running a large farm. The lesson for me, however, was how egregiously controlled every aspect of his farm is by local and then even national government entities. I was hoping that in the US of A that isn't the case but from what I'm gathering here... is that simply isn't correct. One thing that is very clear (at least to me) is that the margins in farming there (as in here as well, I suspect) are usually very thin, and balanced against all of the inherent risks that come with any farming or ranching enterprise...I'm surprised that so many still do it. Thank God that they do IMHO.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 07/14/21 08:35 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts

JR

I had thought any educated person would have understood that when I used the term "P.O." above I meant "particularly offended" . But if JR prefers the scatological interpretation, I guess that's just him...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts

JR

I had thought any educated person would have understood that when I used the term "P.O." above I meant "particularly offended" . But if JR prefers the scatological interpretation, I guess that's just him...Geo

You would be in the severe minority with that thinking, George. And scatological refers to doo doo, not tee tee. I've been pissed off a lot about many things of late, so I suppose I'm in the same shape.
JR

Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't feel bad, John. I had no idea P.O. meant "particularly offended", either. Guess we're both uneducated. grin

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.