March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (eightbore), 827 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
I didn't know they deep fried Ortolans…

Ever talk to a tanker? Generally dumber than a bag of bricks which makes them at least twice as smart as your average Texan. They deep fry everything.

Sidelock
Sidelock

To convert bars to psi, multiply by 14.5. That's assuming the Turks are using transducers to measure pressure and not the old crushers (which resulted in lead units of pressure--LUP--rather than true psi. Older members may remember LUP from reloading manuals.) For a long time, our British friends confused things by marking their guns with bars values . . . but they were still measuring with crushers.

ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Smoking over the box quite closely, I see that the ammo is not designed for >>Wrapped<< barrels, which I think they mean pattern welded tubes?

Also, there's the Hungarian HU ammo stamp along w/ >>CIP M<< and I do not think Turkey is a member?

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

https://yeniexpo.com/shop/electroni...-victory-sport-9mm-traumatic-cartridges/
But if one thumbs thru the images of the above TURAC 9mm ammo, one sees Hungarian proof docs. So, the TURAC >>Exclusive<< shotshell ammo must be manufactured in Hungary?

Or just tested in Hungary????

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

https://www.gwct.org.uk/proof-marks-for-steel-shot-free-guide/

Too, I found the above interesting as here we typically do not discuss ammunition proofmarks.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ellenbr
Or just tested in Hungary????

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Just tested in Hungary.

I just checked the boxes of some of my USA made ammunition:

Winchester 12 gauge "Super Targets" and 20 gauge "Universal" are CIP tested in Liege, Belgium.

A box of Remington 12 gauge was CIP tested in Munich, Germany.

At least some USA manufacturers submit ammunition to a CIP proof house for testing. I believe that if they want to sell their ammunition in a CIP signatory country it must be CIP tested.

ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Too, I picked up some >>Black Aces<< in Double Aught and it is made by Clever - s.r.l. Italy.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yesterday afternoon @ a small family gathering, a distance Cousin by marriage, who is an Armed Forces sharpshooter instructor & military platform weapons expert, and I were talking about what was the missing link of the current production ammo shortage. Availability of components like primers were considered but he mentioned that the larger makers like Federal, Winchester, etc. where suppliers to our military and that their cut would come 1st. If true, anyone have any idea of what portion of weekly production is solely allocated to our military?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Because of the continuous rotation of stock and recycling of surplus ammunition, the volumes the feds purchase are mind boggling.

I received news notices of the contracts that Federal received just for 300 WinMag, and it was incomprehendible. 10’s of millions of pieces.

I am more of the opinion that this is just like the eight dollar and 50 Cent big Mac meal deal, as long as people are willing to pay it the price isn’t coming down, same for ammunition. There’s no point in making ammunition that makes no profit, when you can sell all you can make at five times the profit.

Out there doing it best I can.
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Are you suggesting that capitalism and supply/demand are at work instead of a conspiracy? wink

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Interestingly, this is were ammunition and facemasks and contracts with the federal government overlap.

As was presented before Congress, one of the American manufacturers of facemasks was not going to invest in additional tooling or manufacturing capability, specifically because when the federal government decides they no longer need the product, they dump everything they have on the market. Consequently he had spent millions building a factory, only to shut it down, and have the federal government become his competition on eBay.

I believe the ammunition manufacturers are not tooling up to produce greater quantities, because they know that in short order they will have created their own competition.

Capital budgeting is capital budgeting.

You are not going to put millions of dollars into additional production, knowing that you won’t need it five years from now.

Out there doing it best I can.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.