April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, Jimmy W, Jim H., AaronN, 2 invisible), 441 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,102
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Otherwise you might be golfing.

Beats work.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
Better head back to the safety of your recliner frAnk, maybe grab a blanket along the way. At your advanced age I would not want you to catch a bug, it could be fatal. The pups and I posing last year with some wild SD roosters and my H&H.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I know I'd sure like to have that old truck just sitting there rotting away in that field, Now you talking bout a money pit, that's it.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

That one is not mine, though I do have a 37 Chevy pick up that is a money pit.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I swaer I saw that same truck in a back issue of SC- where in SD-looks like a great day with dawgs and "ditch parrots" RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

LARRY BROWN,

It is good to see that you are still alive, well, and still posting here. Do you have another book "in the works" ?

I hope you have an enjoyable hunting season this fall. I'll be going to Draper, South Dakota to hunt pheasants in a few weeks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
Ted, I disagree with your take on shooting old guns. If you learn to buy old guns in nice shape they are rarely money pits. Becoming an educated buyer is not for everyone though, it takes work and finding the right gun takes patience. I waited years before I found the gun for me.

I shoot almost nothing but vintage guns and I rarely need to work on them(never have touched either of my shotguns for repair). My hunting partner shoots a British SxS from the 1880's and has put tens of thousands of rounds through it without a hiccup. Find one that has been well maintained and fits you, feed it appropriate ammo and you will rarely be disappointed.

Your premise was old guns, Steve. Hedged your bet by saying “Seldom” on the money pit thing, which, is not the same as never. Then you posted a picture of a youthful 700.

Which, leads right back to where I suggested the guys who might not want to end up with a money pit might start out.

Best,
Ted

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Kat timph is from detroit

Sidelock
Sidelock

If it is a graded Parker made after 1900, Bell pretty much proved that those were safe. But all guns
are laws unto themselves.
MN. and Calif. insure that AL-AK are still safe bets for armed righteous believers.

"The price that good men pay for indifference to public affairs
is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Gee Ted I was trying to avoid promoting my own wares on the main board as you know who will have a cow but here you go, a between the wars gun that has been shot very little, tons of condition and I have it up for 1,100$. Today I will sell it to any board member for a grand even. What more do you want? They are out there. Pretty sure this one has had a few hundred rounds through it at most. Just to assure Ted that I'm not trying pawn off off a money pit on someone, this one comes with 1 year mechanical guarantee that covers parts and labor. Happy yet?

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...ractor.cfm?gun_id=100951694&cdn_bp=1

A nice clean provincial ble for 1750$, sure looks honest:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...yd-son-ltd-12-gauge.cfm?gun_id=101714740

Last edited by SKB; 09/29/21 07:13 PM.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting I have a George Graham sxs looks pretty much like this ec green I have had mine for 25 years mine is 6lb12 oz with a 1 1/4 oz proof. Never a problem just strip and clean every so often

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.