April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (HalfaDouble, earlyriser, Jimmy W, Southern Sport, Jtplumb, ChiefAmungum), 413 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,796
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had some relatives that were early investors in Buick.
Their kid spent it all as only an American rich kid could.

Myself, under the illusion I will live forever, pre-ordered an Ineos Grenadier today, in keeping with this thread.

Last edited by ClapperZapper; 10/02/21 05:59 PM.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by lonesome roads
The progressives are working overtime to relieve us of the burden and headache of

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
Trans generational capital transfer...

Only considered shyte if it is no longer on original 400 power. Has to be the early 400 also, the one with the big lifters, oversquare bore, forged crankshaft and the C heads. None of that made it into the 68-69 engine.

Handed a SBE down to the boy today that was his Grandfathers. I never thought much of it, kid feels differently.

Generational thing I guess.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Passing billions, soon to be trillions, down without taxation is a hard one to swallow for more than half of America.

I think the Roth end- around that allowed billions to be transferred tax free into investment companies angered they who were hoodwinked.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I always figured the Roth people were going to end up paying taxes all over again. Or, worse, retroactively. I couldn’t see any reason for government to be concerned about inflation for people who had paid their taxes with more valuable, older, dollars, rather than whatever wreckage was left of the currency, after bad fiscal policy (like what we have seen the past 8 months) was enacted.

Why do people from Europe assume health insurance is expensive or unavailable here in the US? I get mine from the Teamsters, it costs about $129 a pay period for my son and I, has a maximum out of pocket expense of $500 a year, which, the union is currently covering, covers medical, vision, dental, all X-rays, MRIs and whatever else are covered at 100%, and has a life insurance component of 1 1/2 times my yearly wage. A co-worker needed a hysterectomy, was scheduled and completed in less than a month, another needed a replacement knee, same time frame. These are not young folks, both over 50. I do have to show up at work to be covered, but, I got used to that notion a long time ago. Some policies are better than others, but, I have always stuck with employers that had good plans available, and sometimes made less money to do that. It was a choice. Nobody made me stay.

The people who complain the loudest don’t seem inclined to get their ass out of bed to make it to work everyday here in the states, from what I have seen.

My English born gunsmith was successfully treated for leukemia here in the US a few years back, rapid timeframe, and he told me it would have been a year of waiting around for medical care in England, and not at all likely that he would be eventually treated at his age, 60s at the time. Why would a medical system wait to treat someone suffering from leukemia?

Gentlemen are where you find them by the way.

Best,
Ted

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted,
Less than 11% of US workers are unionized. Try buying your health insurance without union or government help and it is a very different story as far as cost goes, you are looking at very high premiums and deductables without group buying power.

Do you know that the UK has private health care in ADDITION to the NHS? You do not need to wait for the Government in the UK to receive health care, you can support capitalism and hire a doctor without waiting. You have options, no one is making you wait.

I know at least two people(one is a board member) who have had their lives up ended due to the cost of medical care here in the US. Both are highly educated, hard workers and both made the mistake of marrying someone who became seriously ill.

I will completely agree, gentlemen, like deals are where you find them.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

When I wasn’t a union employee, I worked for an insurance company that was large enough to need an in-plant printshop and bindery. Same insurance deal, only better, never saw a bill. My forays into small shops always lead back to places with better benefits all the way around.
I made less money working for MSI than I would have in a small commercial shop. But, there was a company funded pension in addition to the 401K. You couldn’t get it through to bargaining unit guys that you were saving 20% of your wage a year. They only cared about the $2-$3 an hour they would be missing out on.
I worked there 17 years. Huge windfall when I moved on (not by choice) invested elsewhere. I work Union now, but have a former boss that would beat everything I have no questions asked, if I came to work for him. I would have to get across the river, am I’m old enough that my commute matters as much as who I work for. Anybody crying about no opportunities and no money/benefits at this time is delusional. The stuff is out there. If you are a tradesman or hold a Journeyman card, it is a great time to be alive.

If you have to buy insurance ON TOP of the crap they give you in England in order to get timely medical treatment, then what the hell is the point of the stuff they give you, and why would anyone want it?

My neighbor lady works part time for Kwik Trip, gets a wage and better insurance then she can buy from the Minnesota health care exchange, at no cost. Many, many employers go begging for help around here, now, and the plans that are available are much improved. My wife has a policy from her employer, local school district. Enough said there, right? She has a hard job, but, they take care of her.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
Hang on, let me get a tissue to wipe the tears from my eyes for the poor downtrodden billionaires.

don’t bother ! the billionaires are hardly touched by the inheritance taxes - most all of their assets are already placed in complex trusts and foundations and only a token amount of their wealth is affected

farmers, and other small private business owners, etc are the ones heavily hit , unless they have access to high level advice and estate planning far in advance

most of us are too busy staying afloat and living to plan generations ahead as the truly wealthy do

Last edited by cable; 10/03/21 02:57 AM.

cable
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.