April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (UncleKP, Ian Forrester, Drew Hause, 1 invisible), 562 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,073
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#605757 11/06/21 09:06 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A friend in Utah had a need of some 16 gauge ammunition, and I helped him out a bit. He sent a wonderful care package along, many thanks, Dustin.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

The package came while we, the boy and I, were at the gun club. There hasn’t been much good to report of late, but, I soldier on, trying to relearn the skill of shooting flying with my right shoulder and right eye. Today, however, something clicked, and the Remington 20 gauge LT 1100 that I have been using rewarded me for my efforts with a 19 and a 24, 16 yard trap scores. The 1100 is supremely pointable and low on recoil, something I am more susceptible to off the right side. I am literally re-learning to shoot.

Just maybe I can get this to work.

The wife volunteered at church, leaving dinner on me. I stuffed peppers, with my venison/turkey/chorizo meat mix. I pinched 4 burgers for dinner later this week, and got to work.

Pictures for Argo.

The mix, peppers, onion, chilies and garlic just after sautéing:

Rice, tomato paste and Clamato juice in the mix:

Peppers stuffed, topped with grated parmesan cheese, hitting a nice smoky grille in a pan with some water:

Ready to eat:

Deer season is on here, I don’t hunt birds while that is going on. If you are pursuing deer this month, best of luck to you.

Best,
Ted

2 members like this: Stanton Hillis, LeFusil
Sidelock
Sidelock

congrats on your score...

add brown gravy and soy sauce... serve over rice, with a glass of dry red...in ny its called pepper steak...

Last edited by ed good; 11/06/21 09:15 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

For some reason, Ed, I don’t picture tomato sauce and brown gravy together on a plate. The Clamato juice would add insult to injury, me thinks. I don’t picture habanero peppers with soy sauce for some reason, either.

You can have NY, Ed. Any and all.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lucky man with classy friends.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Shot the 16 ga. percussion gun and 12 ga hammer gun today at sporting clays. Fantastic crisp weather with the trees now rapidly turning towards maximum color with the two 33 degree evenings. Came back to a garlic stuffed pork roast with chestnuts off of our tree, with a cauliflower gratin and a crisp green salad. Not pictured...the Vodka Martini which followed.

Now how to find No. 11 percussion caps? And Ted the pointing characteristics of the Remington 870 and 1100 have always seemed to me instinctive and instructional. Never found better.

Last edited by Argo44; 11/07/21 12:34 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

try it ted...it is a blend of favors, just as nyc is a blend of cultures...an yeah, skip the tomatoe and clamatoe, better in a bloody mary...

an stuffed peppers are another wonderful blend of flavors...but, are your peppers sans carne?

Last edited by ed good; 11/07/21 06:31 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

argo, looks and sounds wonderfully european...latvian, perhaps?

an agreed, the remington 1100/870 stock design is about as universal as it gets...as is the straight gripped doublegun stocked 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 14 1/2...

link to caps for sale...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/915438922

Last edited by ed good; 11/07/21 06:36 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great looking supper, Ted (and Gene), and I agree on the flavor mixes. Also, congratulations on the improvements in your shooting. Shooting improvement has always seemed to me to be a "two steps forward-once step back" process. You can do it. You are proving that you can, bit by bit.

Best wishes, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks darn good all-around. Keep working it Ted, the birds are waiting...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This was the garden up the street from my father-in-laws place this Fall. It's yield exceeded it's owner's ability to process it all (they use fish guts for fertilizer).

We used-up what we could in my time there (incredible flavor when compared to store-bought) and then stashed some in my covered pick-up bed to protect them from the frost that was coming that night.

Some of it came home with me and started something of a canning festival here. Pickled peppers and hot pepper jelly! We also bought and roasted almost two bushels of Hatch green chilis locally for continued warmth throughout this coming winter. Huzzah!

Last edited by Lloyd3; 11/07/21 03:08 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Friday night I had 1.5 hours of daylight after work. I grabbed the Muzzleloader and asked the kids if they wanted to go get that big buck across the road. After short morning stands alternating ( Boy 7, Girl 9) S,S,M,And T without seeing a deer they both passed. Just into the JNF Wilderness area across the road, I took a ground stand a 100 yards shy of my treestand. It just felt like the thing to do. I’ll spare you the rest of the details, but I dropped the fast moving buck with his nose on the ground as he cleared a blowdown less that 15 yards to my right.
I went home for dinner and brought the kids back to dress and drag it. Imagine my surprise when my daughter said “ yeah the liver is good I had it at PapPaps.” ( it’s my favorite once a year meal - 50% just because ) Sat night I fired up the Coleman stove and grabbed a cast iron from the kitchen and made a skillet of peppered bacon, liver, and onions.
I’d say that’s possibly a little more out of date than walnut gunstocks!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.