April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (liverwort, Der Ami, ClapperZapper, Lloyd3, buckstix, Hugh Lomas), 479 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,067
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
keith #605900 11/08/21 01:36 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by keith
So it goes with a lot of our hobbies and interests... not just guns. A good friend who died rather young several years ago had a lot of money tied up in collectible Corvettes and other muscle cars. His wife and daughters had no interest in them, and little knowledge about what he left behind. The vultures began circling before his body cooled off, and his wife told me that one so-called friend had stopped by the day he died to make a run at his 1963 Corvette split window coupe... with an offer that would have amounted to robbery.

I immediately told her what she had, and informed her about several vehicles he had in storage that she wasn't even aware of. I encouraged her to put on the brakes and make the effort to learn just what all of these old vehicles and parts were worth. Long story short, she did quite well 6 months later when she had an estate auction to dispose of his cars, parts, and tools. Unfortunately, there were a few vehicles that never surfaced. I found the titles in his shop, and had a good idea where they were stored. But the owner of the building denied knowing anything about them. Without the titles, I assume they were parted out.

Good on you Keith. More people need to behave that way in those circumstances. Don't have much patience for the vultures.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Lloyd3 #605908 11/08/21 04:41 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't have a large collection of firearms and fly-fishing gear but what I have will go to my grandson and granddaughter. If I live long enough not to be able to hunt and fish I'll present them as gifts. If I go before gifting them my will specifies they go to them, and hopefully, they will treasure them; if not that's life.

Lloyd3 #605911 11/08/21 05:50 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stuff is just stuff, regardless of dollar value. And within a short while after I’m gone no one will care where it came from. And frankly, I don’t care. I’ve enjoyed them and the monetary value isn’t a factor for me or my estate. But at my age (80) a strange thing has happened—things I used to value highly has just become “stuff” and means little to me now though I still enjoy them. Fortunately, I’ve never sought things to elevate my position in life. I am what I am, with little or a lot. My wife has been instructed to have a major dealer collect all the goodies and get what he can and be done with it.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.