March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (dukxdog, Ian Forrester, Perry M. Kissam, Roundsworth, GSPWillie, 1 invisible), 328 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,999
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by eightbore
A Rizzini clone would suggest the Inverness model. It is already pretty light. No, I have not seen the ad.

6 1/4 pounds in a 20 gauge. I don't call that light for the gauge.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

My Citori Superlight has 26 inch barrels which are OK in the thick stuff I guess, it has a slender stock no different than other lightweight Brownings slender schnabel forend, and it’s over 6 pounds.

There are some Beretta’s with short barrels that might come in at less, but not much.

There’s only so much material to take out.

Last edited by ClapperZapper; 11/17/21 05:44 PM.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My early Beretta 687 (fixed chokes) in 20 gauge, 28 inch barrels, weighs 5 pounds 15 ounces.
S56e in 20 gauge was lighter than that.
6 1/4 pounds in 20 gauge is not particularly light to me.

Last edited by Saskbooknut; 11/17/21 07:11 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You running steel through that Beretta?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Obviously, not using steel shot in a fixed choke older gun.
Why would you want to shoot steel in a really light upland gun?
I'll shoot Bismuth for any non-toxic shot required.
A few boxes of Bismuth shot loads, or handloaded, are no big deal with the price of fuel, accommodation, and other costs of hunting these days.
Light is an absolute criteria. It's light or it's not.
My choice doesn't have to be anyone else's.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I have two 12 gauge that are 6 1/4 pounds. One with 25.5” barrels and one with 29.5” barrels. My 20 gauge guns, both 26” barrels are at or under 5 3/4”

6 1/4 pounds may be a fine weight for a 20 gauge but it’s not a super light gun.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts

John,
Can not open your sight. Please share more information on this new offering. CSMC has nothing on there home page

Rich

Sidelock
Sidelock

A quick scan of the modern shotgun marketplace shows no 20 gauge monoblock double shotguns listed at less than 6 lbs.

Too bad the UJ link is into the private area over there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
A quick scan of the modern shotgun marketplace shows no 20 gauge monoblock double shotguns listed at less than 6 lbs.

Check the other thread you started about barrel sets. A quick scan shows at least three already posted ....... a FAIR Iside, a Beretta 686 and a Yildiz. Not to mention the Verney-Carron AZUR, which may or may not be considered a "modern" doublegun, IDK.

Actual examples often weigh in much less than what they're "listed" at in the company's advertising.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Boxlock
Boxlock

The superlight is now on the csmc website. When it comes to construcion, csmc leaves out some of the details. Their photos are all the same. They show the stock l an r side, wrist l an r, receivers both sides and bottom and the same for the forearm, and one shot of the whole gun from a distance. It is the same with each model. I say this because I bought a revelation from them from the pictures (and a nice review), and they sent me a few more before I purchased it. It's a real pretty gun, an excellent shooter. The mid rib though, looks strange to me. It's totally flat on the sides, and when the forearm is removed, you can clearly see that it is an extruded (?) I beam and open ended. It is soldered at the muzzle, but how far back is a mystery.
I've looked closely at all the pictures of the other models right up the line to the inveness including the superlight, and they appear to have the same rib. I don't know if they are left open under the forearm. The sidelocks and the Christian Hunter appear to be concave along the barrels; more traditional looking. I'm just curious if anyone knows anything about this type of barrell construction. I've asked csmc about this via email more than once with no reply.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.