March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (FlyChamps, Ken Nelson, Lloyd3, Jimmy W, Marc Ret, 1 invisible), 320 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,995
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was looking forward to a new thread on reloading for the 26 bore

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian: Thanks for posting that. I have never even been tempted to buy one but for sure never would after reading your account. Gil

[IMG]
tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Almost bought a straight grip 28 gauge with 30 inch barrels at the Cabelas in Hamburg Pa that had killer wood. Got home and then called back to Hamburg to purchase the gun, and the price quoted to me on the phone was 200 bucks higher then what I was told in the store. I described what the fellow looked like that had given me the quote and they said yes he worked there but he had told me the wrong price. Somewhat pissed off I told them no thanks and hung up. Probably a good thing now, but that wood sure was pretty.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

Knowing that you can wipe your ass with their warranties and guarantees should be reflected in the price.

The hack gunsmithing work and lack of concern for finishes pretty much ended it for me with them.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The fact that others have had no problems seems immaterial.

The point is that if they sell you something that's clearly defective you're dead in the water.

Valuable information.

This company certainly has no monopoly on poor customer service but the ejector 'warranty solution' takes the cake.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
2 members like this: Brittany Man, ClapperZapper
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Shotgunjones
The fact that others have had no problems seems immaterial.

The point is that if they sell you something that's clearly defective you're dead in the water.

Valuable information.

This company certainly has no monopoly on poor customer service but the ejector 'warranty solution' takes the cake.

A couple thousand dollars for a shotgun means different things to different people.

Dickinson shotguns do have a place in the market.

You just have to understand where you are at if it decides to no longer work.

I must confess, I burst out laughing when the guy at the dealer had the temerity to tell me it was going to be $140 to ship a defective brand new shotgun back-and-forth to California.
And then when it came back, it looked like it had gone for a ride in a fish scaler.

I like shooting it, but no way in hell is it ever going anywhere near the manufacturer’s service center ever again.

I have been over the moon ever since I canceled my order for the ornate model.

And finally, there just isn’t anywhere else to get a 28 gauge, trigger plate action, straight grip, multi choke, shotgun, for two grand.

Out there doing it best I can.
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
A couple thousand dollars for a shotgun means different things to different people.

Dickinson shotguns do have a place in the market.

You just have to understand where you are at if it decides to no longer work.

Agreed. This is why this post is so valuable.

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
And finally, there just isn’t anywhere else to get a 28 gauge, trigger plate action, straight grip, multi choke, shotgun, for two grand.

Except that's not what he got. He received a defective barrel set that will apparently not be replaced.

Buying third world unsupported stuff is a game for a rich man.

If you can afford the loss, roll the dice.

Last edited by Shotgunjones; 11/29/21 05:00 PM. Reason: tone down

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

I do appreciate the time and effort Brian took to inform us about the poor customer service on the defective Dickenson Arms shotgun that was purchased by his friend.

I seriously doubt if there is any manufacturer, either U.S. or foreign based, that has a 100% zero defects rate. Even the best Quality Control and Final Inspection processes seem to still let a few defective items slip through to be sold, whether they are guns, automobiles, appliances, electronics, etc. It therefore matters very little then that the majority of buyers of those products received good quality items, and are happy with their purchase. What matters is how the Company responds to Warranty and Repair Claims for the few products that were defective.

It is obvious that the headspace of this defective shotgun was not checked after the chamber was bored. It is totally unacceptable for a Shotgun Warranty Repair Gunsmith to attempt to compensate for a rim recess that was bored too deep by crudely shimming out the ejectors with a spot of TIG weld.

If Brian decided to sell this shotgun here, and did not disclose the headspace defect and Bubba repair, people here would be calling him a shyster.

If we heard that Old Ed Lander did something like this, most everyone here would be correctly critical of such a crude Bubba repair. I do understand that breech pressures with a shotgun are a fraction of rifle chamber pressures. I also know that shotshells headspace on the rim. So in this instance, the majority of the rim will be unsupported, other than the portion supported by the shimmed-out ejectors. My question is whether the chamber pressure will blow out the unsupported part of the rim, and possibly create an unsafe condition if the thin brass or steel rim splits???

In any event, Dickenson should either replace the defective barrels, or just bite the bullet and replace the entire gun. Lemons like this do nothing for the reputation of any manufacturer. If I had been contemplating the purchase of a Dickenson shotgun, the responses Brian received concerning this defect would make me very reluctant to proceed.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I appreciate the detailed account of the so-called repairs, too. Though I have had zero problems with two Turkish brands I would never send my Dickinson to their repair facility after reading of this botched repair job. If and when it ever needs attention it will go to my go-to double gunsmith.

I'm still glad I bought the Dickinson, because the other options for under $2K 30" barreled .410 S X Ss, with ejectors, are slim. I have another one, the FAIR Iside, but it was more in the $2400 range.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Having had the Browning factory repair rep in Missouri accuse me of attempting a theft by deception when I asked Browning to just look at a gun to determine what could be done with it, I can I understand the frustration and anger things like this bring. While I'll never buy another Browning product of any type, and I tell everyone about my experience with Browning at every opportunity, I know that most shooters will most likely never have to deal with such gross incompetence and unforgivable, inept, and outrageous customer service. But, I still recommend going to someone other than Browning factory service for repairs.

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.