Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
OK- but a shot at World history reveals the Kaiser Willie allied with some Turk Mustapha in WW1- and Turkish troops carried Mauset K98's , along with C96 Mauser Pistolen forever-perhaps that's where the roots of the infidels penetrating the ranks of Dem Meisterbuchenmacher Guild have their origin?? RWTF
Please try to show some restraint with your tangential retorts, Run. Not judging, just asking...
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
I have to ask.

What makes you think your Essencia has anything to do with Turkey?
Jens Ziegenhahn sources his actions in Germany, not Turkey.

Unless something has grievously changed.
CZ,

Just speculation on my part but if you compare the action of the Zigenhahn built Essencia (boxlock as Krieghoff calls it) to the Dickinson guns there is very similar basic shape & dimensions to the actions & trigger plates, the placing of the triggers & the cocking lever pivot pins are the same & both guns use shoe lump/platform lump bbls in which the which the lumps appear to be identical.

Merkel has been part of of a Turkish firearms/bbl manufacturing organization for some time & I read somewhere that Ziegehahn sourced his bbls from Merkel so draw your own conclusions from this. My Essencia carries 11/2010 Suhl proof marks so this is not a recent development.

Correction: Merkel is currently owned by CARACAL which is headquartered in the United Arab Emirates but I think there was/is a Turkish connection in the not too distant past but I can't locate the source of that info at the moment.

The Zigenhahn built Essencia action has much more detail/machine work in it (ie. replaceable hinge, pin, disc set strikers scalloped action back & the stock is secured with a conventional breech pin & hand pin arrangement as opposed to the Dickinson's draw bolt stock attachment) + the Essencia uses an Anson style forend attachment rather than the Deely style that the Dickinson uses.

I'm not knocking the Essencia or the Dickinson & I'm not suggesting Ziegenhahn sources completed actions from Turkey but I do suspect that there is some commonality in the rough action parts & possibly the lump portion of the bbl assembly between the two guns. Not much different that the same basic frames being used to produce Chevy Suburban & Cadillac Escalade SUVs or what was done w/ firearms manufacture in the British trade.

I like my Essencia (fixed choke 16 ga w/29" bbls English grip gun @ 5lb 15oz) nice handling / good looking gun w/excellent trigger pulls.

Last edited by Brittany Man; 12/03/21 02:49 PM. Reason: correction
Sidelock
Sidelock

After action report....am sitting here with 20 quail to clean, plus one bonus bird (chukar). Saw some wonderful dog work and decent cover yesterday. Walked the equivalent of 5 plus miles and burned almost 85 28-gauge shells. Had a few shells not go on command (Federal 6s) but the Fiocchi 7 1/2s worked flawlessly (not sure why). The light gun and lighter shells really helped me keep up with both the dogs and the birds. Most of my fellow hunters were sucking a bit of wind by the end (as was I) but unlike the rest, I wasn't complaining about gun weight.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 12/04/21 02:39 PM.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.