May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Tim Wolf), 508 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#607831 12/14/21 11:44 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I’m curious about them. What are their different models and grades? The purpose of the safety location? How would it work for a lefty?

Sidelock
Sidelock

ksauers1,
Lefthanded shooters can have their safety installed on the other side.
Mike

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Der Ami
ksauers1,
Lefthanded shooters can have their safety installed on the other side.
Mike

They’re reversible? Would a never guessed

Sidelock
Sidelock

Huh? 99% of Greener side safeties are already on the left side of the gun, and are already an ideal set up for a southpaw using the gun for rough or walk up shooting.

It’s a new one on me that the safety is reversible. One side of the stock is inletted for the safety while the other side is inletted for the pin and it’s retaining nut.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I dont THINK it would work on the right side.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by LeFusil
Huh? 99% of Greener side safeties are already on the left side of the gun, and are already an ideal set up for a southpaw using the gun for rough or walk up shooting.

It’s a new one on me that the safety is reversible. One side of the stock is inletted for the safety while the other side is inletted for the pin and it’s retaining nut.

Had the same thought

The safety placement just doesn’t seem convenient no matter if you’re a lefty or righty

Last edited by ksauers1; 12/14/21 03:53 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ksauers1

Had the same thought

The safety placement just doesn’t seem convenient no matter if you’re a lefty or righty

It’s extremely convenient for a southpaw. It works great.
Use your trigger finger to flick the safety off As you walk in on a point, or on a flush.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't mean the safety is reversable in the common understanding. I meant it could be installed on the right side when the gun was ordered. However, it can be changed to the right side with some additional work and possible replacement of the rod that blocks the triggers if it is desired to operate forward to fire. Also, stock would require a small patch and engraving of "S" and "F" would have to be reversed. I operate the safety on my guns with my thumb but I guess it could be operated with the trigger finger by a lefthanded shooter.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ksauers1

Had the same thought

I agree. What is most peculiar to me is that Greener made their guns with tang safeties also and I wonder why they would make them any other way. I love my Greener with a tang safety, and I see nothing but downside to moving it to either the right or the left side for a field gun that might be carried for hours before it is put into action.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Greeners fitted up with the side safety arrangement were never truly intended to be used as a rough or walk up gun. They were expressly designed to be used at either a peg, hide, butt or blind. In these circumstances….the side safety is a brilliant idea, especially for the right handed shooter.

1 member likes this: Hammergun
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.