April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Drew Hause, CJ Dawe, Argo44, 1 invisible), 568 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,074
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Raimey, these images, furnished by Steve Helsley, are of a 16 ga. Brazier pinfire. They nicely show the way the Dickson/Brazier locking mechanism works.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Daryl Hallquist; 12/28/21 08:11 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Mr. Hallquist & Steve for the efforts. I do wonder who was on top on the scattergun - Suburban deal, or if it was a push?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Raimey, I got $35 more from the Dickson than I was asking for my Suburban. Like I said, I did not count in the Vegas table, lodging, and travel. But, I have really enjoyed looking at the pics and remembering the Dickson over the years. Actually, there is a rather small copy of one of my pics in the Dickson book by Dallas.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That is a remarkably shaped trigger guard for an English gun. I guess the only time I’ve seen that style guard would be on early French and Belgian (other continental makers too, I’m sure) guns. Very cool gun Daryl!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Happy New Year Daryl,
Enjoy the View and a very nice gun.
Best Wishes
RoY
P.S .
My Daugther resides in Prince George, B.C.and is currently facing the coldest Winter in 50 years .Minus 40.C. plus a recent 13 inch snow fall.Still there are many people who will not accept the fact that World temperature patterns are changing.

Last edited by Roy Hebbes; 12/28/21 11:37 AM.

Roy Hebbes
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Roy, thanks for the greeting. I had to think a bit, but minus 40 C. is the only temperature that is the same on the Fahrenheit scale. Even living in Anchorage, Alaska, I don't think I experienced any colder temperatures. But farther north of Anchorage minus 70 degree F temperatures are not uncommon.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Today it is in the 70s°F and on Sunday afternoon we are forecasted to have snow?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

One nice thing about cold winter weather is that it gives us the time to catch up on things like cleaning and examining our guns. I really enjoy seeing some of Daryl's shotguns. I especially liked the engraving and workmanship on his Charles Giddings hammer gun. Wow!

Originally Posted by Roy Hebbes
P.S .
My Daugther resides in Prince George, B.C.and is currently facing the coldest Winter in 50 years .Minus 40.C. plus a recent 13 inch snow fall.Still there are many people who will not accept the fact that World temperature patterns are changing.

I don't know a single person who does not accept the fact of climate change. The climate has always changed, and what we see now is nothing new. Saying that Prince George, B.C. has the coldest temps in 50 years only confirms that they have had that sort of frigid weather before. Greenland has that name because it was warmer and greener in the distant past. Remains of Viking Longhouses emerging from melting glaciers were there before they were buried under hundreds of feet of ice. The Obama's didn't spend almost $12 million on a house on the beach at Martha's Vineyard because they really believe it will be under water in a decade, as predicted by Sky-is-Falling alarmists... such as the guy who wanted to make a wager with Ted about an economist's predictions about Biden caused inflation.

One thing that will never change is the abundance of hysterical scientists and researchers who often turn out to be totally wrong about things. The same people who cannot give a guaranteed accurate weather forecast two weeks out are 100% confident of their predictions for 20 years from now, and they ridicule those who dare to question them or cherry-picked data. The next global cooling cycle is going to be a lot more detrimental to humanity than the current minor changes.

I put a new set of studded snow tires on my truck a few weeks ago because I expect winter to be winter... same as usual around here. I just stepped outside, and it's snowing. Flintlock deer season is here!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, it did in fact snow tonight. So the prognosticators were most correct. Tomorrow may just be a good day to look.......

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.