March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Gankai, Pat Gidley, Gerry Addison, Jtplumb), 791 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,012
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Soon it will be one-year since a gun maker or professional has posted to the subject forum. I had expected this forum to a highlight for all of us. What happened? Can it be revived?

Kindest Regards;

Stephen Howell

1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had high hopes for that little area too. Unfortunately, most gun fixers & makers I know could care less about posting here at all….let alone posting pics of their methods, projects or how to’s. They’re just too busy actually working to care about it.
It’s unfortunate.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It started out pretty good with a couple outstanding contributions exhibiting the superb workmanship of Dewey Vicknair. But he got ran off by some detractors who don't have the talent he has in his little toenail. He left this forum, and apparently requested to have everything he ever posted here purged from the archives.

And surely you remember the innovative firearm designs and builds contributed by Bailey Bradshaw... until rocky mtn bill made some surly remarks that precipitated his abrupt departure. Here's what you said at the time Bailey left once and for all:

Originally Posted by bushveld
Aaron;

I am concerned that we will never see another post from Bailey of the continuing processes of his falling block rifles.

It is disgraceful what has happened here.

If Homeless jOe had done it, we'd never hear the end of it. But we are not supposed to notice things like that.

Add to that Dustin's observation that most professional gunsmiths are too busy actually working, and the loss of the two aforementioned gentlemen becomes even more tragic. One wonders why those responsible didn't get censored or moderated??? It probably has something to do with selective outrage on the part of those who complain to Dave. It is a lost cause. I'd suggest replacing it with a 2nd Amendment or a political forum like the ones they have on the Indiana Gun Owners Forum. Contrary to what has been frequently stated here, those topics generate an enormous amount of interest and site traffic on INGO... just as they once did here. And the use of paid advertising on INGO instead of relying on donations means that the site Administrator doesn't need to pander to the interests of Liberals who support anti-gun Democrats. Some here are apparently getting tired of subsidizing those who undermine us. And they see the fallacy of the idea that we are stronger when we turn a blind eye to their duplicity.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

crs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe they have other established ways to advertise?

It may be word of mouth as my fave gunmaker here in Texas usually has a serious backlog and many good references from his customers (including me). Occasionally he will post pictures of a project.

The man that made two of my double rifles posted each new project as he completed them and was involved with gunmakers in multiple other countries. Unfortunately, he passed away a few years ago and the gunmaker traffic on that forum has dried up. IMHO, a big loss for the forum.

On another forum that I frequent, there are several long term smiths and makers that participate and have for years. IMHO, they make an authoritative contribution to the forum.

NRA Patron, TSRA, Whittington Center, DWWC,DRSS
Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Sidelock
Sidelock

My gunsmith does work, no posting, no emails. And it still takes forever to get a project done.

But it's done right.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Leave it to Keith to whine about a lack of participation here. As I recall, my question about Bailey was simply how his postings differed from Steven Dodd Hughes'. I enjoyed them all. Keith couldn't attack Hughes often enough. The self-appointed censor continues in his role. So far, he hasn't run SKB off though he's tried often enough.

Bill Ferguson

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.