March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 876 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by boon hogganbeck
Very nice. Hope to own a Darne one day.

Be sure to pattern it before you buy it. wink

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

What's a Fify ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice looking Darne, Ted. Wouldn't mind a pix of the barrel flats, too. Good way to welcome the New Year.

Regards, Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
What's a Fify ?

Fixed it for you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

all I can say is I like my Darne and my two Manufrance Ideals as well. I don't shoot them well but that isn't unusual with me

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tim Carney
Nice looking Darne, Ted. Wouldn't mind a pix of the barrel flats, too. Good way to welcome the New Year.

Regards, Tim

Back on page one, one of my posts has a link to a photo of the flats, Tim.

JPEG box was acting up. You have to click on the link.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
What's a Fify ?

jOe, a Fify be ten mo den foety.

Ted, I submitted a post a couple days ago saying that your new gun looks to be in very nice condition, and that I hope you are able to shoot it as well as the one you let get away.

I'm not sure why it didn't get posted. I don't think it would have unnerved anyone here, or maybe even at the UJ Forum.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, I just read a note from Dave concerning illness in his family in the "Please Consider a Donation to BBS" at the top of this page. He posted this about a half hour ago.

"My mom made it through and is at home recovering.
Her prognosis is good...however, there are still some challenges ahead.
I am hopeful she can return to independent living in the near future.
I will be tied up assisting her and this may cause further nominal update delays."

He likely has had his hands full caring for his mother lately.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Keith, I just read a note from Dave concerning illness in his family in the "Please Consider a Donation to BBS" at the top of this page. He posted this about a half hour ago.

"My mom made it through and is at home recovering.
Her prognosis is good...however, there are still some challenges ahead.
I am hopeful she can return to independent living in the near future.
I will be tied up assisting her and this may cause further nominal update delays."

He likely has had his hands full caring for his mother lately.

I understand that Stan, and know from experience that it can be both challenging and time consuming caring for a sick parent. I hope Dave's Mom makes a full recovery and gets back to being healthy and independent.

However, it just seemed odd that my very benign post that I made to congratulate Ted on acquiring another shotgun didn't get posted, while a couple other posts I had made in that same time frame did appear. No big deal. I enjoyed taking another shot at the heavy-handed moderation that makes UJ forum weird. Some forums are even worse though. I have told the story about being on a Volkswagen TDI Diesel forum several years ago, when I had some questions about my Diesel Jetta. The Administrator there went off on one guy because he had the gall to suggest that it was OK to use Mobil 1 synthetic oil in a TDI Diesel engine. The Administrator called him everything but a white English gentleman, and announced that he was banning him permanently. Apparently the offender had made this same terrible sin in the past, and had been warned.

Considering that, it might not be a good idea to mention using Mobil synthetic grease or oil here as a hinge pin lubricant.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith...Sorry about terminating the benign congratulations post to Ted.

Autopilot got the best of me.

I went through the pile too fast only had a minute and it was a mistake on my end.

Once removed, I can't recover.

Feel free to resubmit.

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.