March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Stanton Hillis, SKB, Hammergun, 2 invisible), 333 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

I used to really like the gun library. I bought an LC Smith and a Sauer from the Dundee store. The people were knowledgeable and friendly. Always liked to stop there if I was in the area. Different story now.

It is sad to see the state of Cabelas these days. They used to sell products of reasonable quality and the prices weren’t to bad compared with some of the competitors. The selection and quality now is bad.

Since I live in Ohio, I am lucky to be 2 1/2 hours away from Jaqua’s. You can always find some nice guns there. Hopefully, they continue to be successful.

1 member likes this: 12boreman
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Gun Library certainly is not what it was, but a friend recently bought a nice Greener at a decent price, so there are still nice guns that show up there from time to time.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Gun Library certainly is not what it was, but a friend recently bought a nice Greener at a decent price, so there are still nice guns that show up there from time to time.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Found a few good deals in the Cabelas Gun Library before their demise. I miss going there, too bad.

Last edited by troutchops; 03/26/22 02:48 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I loved the sales rack outside the Gun Rooms. Bought several guns for about a quarter of their true value. Favorite is a Remington Model 12 in near mint condition, for way less than $200.00. Reason for the low price, was it was in Remington .22 Special, which I was told was not longer available. No ammo, cheap price for a real near mint gun. So I bought it and was very happy. Remington Special was their, Remington's, name for the Winchester version of the same cartridge called .22 WRF by Winchester. I had several hundred of both in my ammo stash at home. In total I think I bought six guns off the sales rack, outside the Gun Rooms, and maybe three inside them. But the three nearest Gun Rooms to me are closed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by LeFusil
Originally Posted by AZMike
By far the BEST gun store I have ever visited was Lolo Sporting Goods in Lewiston Idaho, I don't know if they are still operating--Lewiston lost their clay target range a few years ago.

The owner just got indicted on federal drug charges…distributing Methamphetamine and pretty much every other illicit drug on the planet. Don’t think that place will be around much longer.
https://lmtribune.com/northwest/lol...6af9432-1e06-5b8c-8c64-3a4d41b5219b.html

This drug bust article is over 15 years old. Anybody have a current idea if the store is still in operation?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Grouse Guy
By far the BEST gun store I have ever visited was Lolo Sporting Goods in Lewiston Idaho, I don't know if they are still operating--Lewiston lost their clay target range a few years ago.

The owner just got indicted on federal drug charges…distributing Methamphetamine and pretty much every other illicit drug on the planet. Don’t think that place will be around much longer.

This drug bust article is over 15 years old. Anybody have a current idea if the store is still in operation?

Not that hard. A quick google search turns up a active Facebook page

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Grouse Guy

Haha! Whoops. My bad. 🤭. I missed the date!! Never mind me, carry on!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I used to spend a fair amount of time and money at Cabela's prior to the Bass Pro Shops acquisition. Bought a couple of very nice guns there (an AYA 4/53 28 gauge) and a Ferlib 12 gauge, plus a ton of outdoors clothing, most of which I still wear. Since the Bass Pro acquisition, the quality has deteriorated so much that I don't even try anymore. It's sad.

I've seen the same thing with Woolrich, which was originally based about 20 miles from our deer camp and whose factory outlet store (in the town of Woolrich) was a must-stop on either the trip up or the trip home. I have a number of heavy wool Woolrich shirts, fleece vests and hunting pants. These days, their product line is insanely expensive and appears to be geared to the user whose idea of an outdoor adventure is a walk in Central Park. They don't even try to market to their older base, which was people who worked outdoors, particularly in rural areas and occupations.

Other than Carhartt, who still seems to be making quality clothing you can actually wear when it's cold, I'm at a bit of a loss to find sturdy outdoors clothing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Remington40x
Other than Carhartt, who still seems to be making quality clothing you can actually wear when it's cold, I'm at a bit of a loss to find sturdy outdoors clothing.

You might try Duluth Trading, at least for shirts. I have a couple of theirs that are still serviceable after many years.

Imported, but sturdy.

Caveat: these may not reflect current production.

Other than the cheesy advertising and high prices I've been happy with them.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
1 member likes this: John Roberts
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.