March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, Little Creek, PALUNC, Karl Graebner, 1 invisible), 316 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,993
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
AGS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

What happened to the Southern Redneck accent all of a sudden? I read previously your "Jovial" explanation of the "enhanced" posts, and I didn't buy it. To me it is a bigotted act, and as a Southern Redneck by birth I take offense from it.

I have bought around 20 shotguns on the internet in the last 6 months. I have seen several of "yors" which interested me, but didn't even consider contacting you due to your continuous obnoxous posts. You might want to consider that in the context of the business you continue to advertise on this board where a lot of your potential buyers participate.

2 members like this: mc, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

ags: my dialects (plural) are a mix of where i have lived and what i have heard...the deep south, the nyc area and now southern nh...

please remember, the use of this forum is governed by the moderator and not you...

and as you dont like me nor find my posts of interest, then just simply ignore me...

Last edited by ed good; 03/29/22 09:21 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Minier model has coil springs and is detailed in my book. A Lewis model in mid range that has coil springs is something I can not explain. During the late Lewis range some Minier models can be found as they closed out the Lewis. I would like to see photos of your gun showing SN and the coil springs driving the hammers.
Very interesting!

1 member likes this: LetFly
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ithaca did a small run of “test” Miniers in 1905 during the Lewis era. Your serial number falls in 1904 but it is possible that you might have an earlier version.
Could you post pics?

Speude Bradeos
LetFly Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Walt, I will get pics and post. I would love to get a copy of your book if I could find an affordable one. Every consider a reprint?

Sidelock
Sidelock

yes, a reprint would be a good thing...

LetFly Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Let's have a show of hands for a reprint of Walt's book.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by von Falkenhorst
...in the same exalted league as the only Yankee sidelock, LC Smith.

J.K.B. von Falkenhorst

This made my morning. "The only Yankee sidelock."

Offering you a gentile 'out'...maybe you meant...'the best known sidelock?'

In QUANTITY, Crescent and Folsom made more. Way more.

In QUALITY, Sneider and Baker's finest were at LEAST as good.

There are others, but that will get you started.

As a side note: Ithaca made some nice guns. Definitely solid, well built, reliable designs, with a small percentage being high grade and excellently done. But the fact remains, they sold more double guns pimping the name of an even more famous gun maker, than they did using their own.

NDG

Sidelock
Sidelock

as in lefever...

LetFly Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

My apologies to all. Confusion over Ithaca model and serial number. Not a Lewis but an early Minier. The search for a rare Lewis to Minier continues.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.