This is not about a double gun, but it is something very unusual and unique. I'd guess few here have ever seen anything like it. I have always liked Underhammer Percussion guns, and the first gun I ever built was a black powder pistol that had a Billinghurst type under hammer action. With only three moving parts, they are pure simplicity. While checking the auction sites for current underhammer offerings, I came across an underhammer shotgun unlike any I have ever seen.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/924923423

It is a William Briggs Underhammer Percussion shotgun. The action is even simpler than the Billinghurst and most others, with only two moving parts. There is only a trigger, and a unique hammer spring that also serves as the hammer. But what was most interesting to me is the stock. I was looking closely at the pictures trying to see where the action ended and where the stock began. At first, I thought the whole works might have been painted gray. It soon became apparent that the stock and action frame are all one piece, and that it is all some kind of metal. I Googled this gun and maker, and found that this particular shotgun has made the rounds in recent years, and that the stock is indeed made of metal. There are no details about what type of metal is used, or whether it is forged, cast, solid, hollow, etc. It looks like it could be tarnished pewter, but that is a wild guess. The buttplate appears to be a separate piece, so I'd surmise that the butt is hollow, both to reduce weight, and to use less material. It would sure be interesting to know more about this piece.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.