March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (DaveB, bsteele, Jeremy Pearce, Ian Forrester, SKB), 791 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
SXS 40 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

HWK
Sidelock
Sidelock

uh... Where?

Sidelock
Sidelock

How does one get RST ammo in California?

Can I bring my own?

Non-tox shot a requirement?

Thank you

MIke

p.s. is the following article correct?

https://calwaterfowl.org/navigating-californias-new-ammunition-background-check-system

p.s.s.

Sun Mountain Gun Club,
32868 Shotgun Ln,
Coarsegold, CA 93614

https://www.sunmountaingunclub.com/

Last edited by skeettx; 04/01/22 11:50 AM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

p.s. is the following article correct?

Unfortunately, yes. I read the whole thing and did not see any inconsistencies from anything else that I have heard, read, or experienced. Local FFLs have commented/complained about the glitches in the CA DOJ system that make ammo sales a complete PITA. Things like long delays (up to 19 days, I have heard) in response to background checks for folks who are not "in the system," rejections for no apparent reason and no reason available from DOJ, dealers who will not accept the CA Legacy Driver License (not a Real ID, but not a Federal limits apply license either; see the WalMart citation in the article). WalMart is pretty much a non-issue for ammo sales in CA because they seem to have ceased ammo sales in CA. I have not seen a box of shells in a CA Walmart for well over two years, but I have not been to every WalMart.

One thing not mentioned in the article is that (according to two different FFLs that I have used for ammo deliveries from out of state), the transferring FFL must charge sales tax on the price of the ammo at the point of transfer, unless tax was already collected by the vendor. I don't know if that is actually required by the regulations, but that has been the procedure for firearm transfers for years and a lot of FFLs have been thoroughly confused by the differences between a purchase from a dealer and a private party transfer between individuals. Another thing not mentioned is the requirement (according to those same two FFLs) that they must open and inspect each individual box of ammo before they can do the transfer, supposedly to make sure that the contents match the label. This has caused one of these FFLs to simply stop doing transfers. A number of other FFLs and ammo vendors (separate state license for ammo sellers that are not FFLs) that I have done business with have never done transfers since the law took effect, because it is just too much hassle. This plays right into the government's desire to deprive us of our 2A Rights.

Per my conversations with game wardens (those most likely to catch ammo coming in from out of state when you are returning from a hunting trip), an acceptable way to prove that you owned the ammo when you left CA is to take a pic of the ammo in CA, before you leave, with a landmark in the pic. I have an app on my phone that adds a time/date/GPS stamp on each pic, plus the name of the location with current air temp and a thumbnail map. Hard to argue with that, but the app no longer works. Need to find a replacement before next fall. CA sucks.

Last edited by Replacement; 04/01/22 10:46 AM.
SXS 40 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Skeetx,

I have never seen RST ammo for sale at retail in California. I buy it directly from RST (when available) and have it shipped to my FFL for transfer. As a California resident that is in the DOJ system, buying ammo is no big deal.
Yes, you can bring your own ammo, all participants have been asked to do so. Non-Toxic ammo is NOT required, that only applies to all hunting. The article you reference is basically correct.

Replacement,

The event is held at Sun Mountai Gun Club in Coarsegold, Calif. about 30 minutes East of Fresno.

ANYONE WISHING TO SEE THE FULL EVENT PACKET , PLEASE SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL SEND IT TO YOU.

THANKS

Last edited by SXS 40; 04/01/22 12:53 PM.

HWK
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gee I would have thought the government would have to prove you didn't own the ammo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
Gee I would have thought the government would have to prove you didn't own the ammo

That's because you believe in the U.S. Constitution and a Bill of Rights that says you are innocent until proven guilty.

Unfortunately, Liberal Democrats don't feel the same about the Rights of gun owners.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc

Liberal Democrats are only concerned about the Rights of criminals and illegal immigrants. They don't respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights when it comes to law abiding citizens, and have a special disdain for the Rights of gun owners. Hard to believe that any gun owner would be foolish enough to support them. But they get lots of votes from totally dead people too... not just those who are brain dead.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Here's a link for the program and registration form.

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/39...%20SHOOT%20PROGRAM.pdf?ver=1649012347877

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.