March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ted Schefelbein, David Williamson, Southern Sport, Sandlapper), 276 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21
eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

You misunderstand my comment. I agree with doing your due diligence and caveat emptor, etc. Whether you’re buying a shotgun or a used car, have it checked out by someone who knows what they’re doing if you don’t have that expertise. British proof laws give the buyer in the UK some assurance that what is being bought at auction, for instance, has an acceptable degree of safety. An industry association might be able to do it here, but I wouldn’t trust any governmental agency to do it; Uncle Sam has trouble delivering the mail.

2 members like this: Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed you replied to my post.”why for do you ax.” I believe you meant to write the word ask.
I ask because you are a licensed Gun dealer and publicly stated your standard of .090/.030. You have not mentioned the equipment or the method used for taking these measurements to assure not only the guns you buy are safe. More importantly whether it is it safe to assume that all the shotguns you sell have bores that meet your personal minimum safety standard?
Many of the members have shared the tools and methods they use. I think it’s a fair question, what do you use?

1 member likes this: mc
Sidelock
Sidelock

well, so long as you ax again, all used guns that i sell are garanteed to be in safe shooting condition, with appropriate ammunition...

with regard to measuring barrel wall thicknesses, that is a judgement call...experience has proven that unaltered barrels are generally safe...

unusually light weight and altered barrels are suspect...those i bring to an experienced gunsmith for evaluation...he uses a gauge he made himself...

have been doing this for about 30 years now...so far, so good...

Last edited by ed good; 06/28/22 10:39 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ed good
all guns that i sell are guaranreed to be in safe shooting condition, with appropriate ammunition...

Can you get any more cowardly, ed?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

2 members like this: Ghostrider, SKB
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

So edd you buy a gun take it to a gunsmith it's not .030 .090 so you destroy it ? Sell it to an unsuspecting customer ? I'm curious how you know the status and safety of a gun with out checking it your self 30 years as a gun selling business you should have be able to buy the minimum equipment to keep your customers safe.what numbers do you consider not safe and not safe to pass on to a customer.

Sidelock
Sidelock

shooting safety is the ultimate responsibility of the shooter...

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well edd that says it all all the great information given to you free and this is how you apply this information ,why in the world did you keep asking for technical information and standards for judging shotgun safety when you have no intention of using it .let the buyer beware is the ultimate resonsability of anyone dealing with you

3 members like this: Ghostrider, graybeardtmm3, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

William back on p. 8
"the wall thickness of my Lefever barrels, and the means I use to evaluate them is 100% irrelevant here." And the request to do so is "silly and unreasonable"

The title of this thread is "Wall thickness measurement" and I and others have provided a substantial collection of numbers to help establish the standards of the makers.
Either you do not have a wall thickness gauge
Or you have numbers, which could benefit the forum members, but which you choose not to share.

Sidelock
Sidelock

drew, we have beat this thread to the point that mal contents here have now polluted it with personal attacks...which is soooo common here...

the data that you have provided here is so valuable, but so incomplete..

too bad others do not provide more data, particularly for modern guns, made in the twentieth century...

it must mean that few of us really care about sharing data, needed to draw accurate conclusions and establish guidelines for safe shooting...

beautiful day here in northern new england, to celebrate the anniversary of our declaration of independence from the british empire...

here is a link for those who wish to read it...

https://declaration.fas.harvard.edu/resources/text

Last edited by ed good; 07/03/22 01:44 PM.

Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.