April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (SKB, Hammergun, earlyriser, JBG, MattH, 1 invisible), 1,025 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,435
Posts544,708
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30
Sidelock
Sidelock

>> O.K. you 2 Daly fans who are still following this thread, after just a lovely gathering w/ Mr. Wes. Fink of Dayton, viewing 3 beautiful Daly O/Us, I think "F.A." is to be for Franz Adamy, brother of Albert Adamy, and that the serial number range of 26,XXX is that of Gebrüder Adamy and not that of Richard Schüler. And here's why: I'm away from my notes for a bit but Mr. Fink dug up a NRA publication that noted that Sloan's Sporting Goods purchased S, D, & G in the late 1920s and Gebrüder Adamy made guns for Sloan's Sporting Goods or Sloan's Sporting Goods of Conn. sourced Gebrüder Adamy for some of their examples. The above quoted example and those of Mr. Finks are separated by as few as 20 examples apart and not more than say 500. So we have 3 guns made in the 1931-1932 time period in the 26,000 - 266xx range all with "F.A." either on the left side of the lower tube or on the left side of the barrel flats. Mr. Fink has a most interesting/confusing Regent Diamond Pigeon gun that doesn't have a "F.A." stamp but is within say 50 examples of 1 of the 3 aforementioned "F.A." stamped Daly's so by default, even though I didn't see a "F.A." stamp I still contend that by default that it passed under the watchfull eye of the Boys Adamy before heading to Daly and that Gebrüder Adamy was a major player, possibly along with Richard Schüler who might have been next inline in the early 1930s, in the production of Daly examples. Anyone have any Gebrüder Adamy examples with "F.A." or "A.A." on the tubes or have a handle on the Gebrüder Adamy serial number range?<<

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forum...mp;Words=fink&Search=true#Post192888

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

1 member likes this: Run With The Fox
Sidelock
Sidelock

Re the reference to Bob Allen and his article on pigeon shooting: I stopped when scrolling down at the photo of King Faisal II of Iraq in the ad for H&H. That's an Aug 56 issue of "Guns". Something jogged my mind that Faisal wouldn't be alive much longer. Assassinated in July 58 at the age of 23. He was the last king of Iraq.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by L. Brown
Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
So they held the shoots in Jan,, Feb., March & April-- que interesant.. Porque non en Ete (accent grave) Le Reynard...

C'est quelle langue que vous ecrivez la bas???

That is one of the Romance Languages of François? I think he has merged French & Spanish?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Harry, what is the serial number of that Reilly? I thought I had all your Reilly's for the record. Is this a new one? Gene Williams

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ellenbr
Originally Posted by L. Brown
Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
So they held the shoots in Jan,, Feb., March & April-- que interesant.. Porque non en Ete (accent grave) Le Reynard...

C'est quelle langue que vous ecrivez la bas???

That is one of the Romance Languages of François? I think he has merged French & Spanish?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Raimey, that may explain an expression in French for someone who speaks the language poorly: Il parle francais comme une vache espagnole.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Si, es verdad, mon ami -. You have a keen ear-- and we know that French, Italian and Spanish are 3 common Romance languages, all with their roots in Latin. Part of my schooling involved Latin, being Catholic- and then High School, with 2 years of Spanish. Our teacher for that was also the German language teacher, so I picked up a few phrases and that got me interested in languages, and how English has its roots.. I speak French with a Spanish accent--My literary hero, the late Ernest Miller Hemingway, fluent in French, Spanish, Italian and the Basque tongue from Northern Spain was also a student of World history, "como asi moi"" Via con Dios-- El Zorro

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

François, our resident Le Reynard:

I for one believe you. You have a language & acronyms all to your own. I don't know that I've heard a French Bovin with a Castellano flare?? I have heard many a Spanish Cattle with an Italian flare. My language teacher spoke 11 languages and it was a gamble, just a gamble on which one was about to come forth next.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

[Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com]

[Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com]

Mr. Wes Fink's Daly - GGCA Nr. 37 Page 8-9

Ah, my fotos are still rotated.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

So some of the Crème de la Crème from the gunmaking cradle of Suhl would lie with Charles Daly(maybe H.A. Lindner??? but probably not), Simson >>Monte Carlo<< and Sempert & Krieghoff's >>Monaco<<. I would be ecstatic to see a side by side comparison in >>The Ringe<< but I would hasten to wager that Daly would bubble to the top?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.