March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Travis S), 251 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,976
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great publication for sure, provided me with hours of reading and learning. I finally decided, several years ago now, I had no more room for them since I could never bring myself to trash a copy. Best wishes to the Cote's. Fwiw, I have 3 First Editions, unopened from their brown paper mailers.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 08/02/22 12:24 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Eightbore,

Thank you much for the clarification....

Don

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am going to miss Ross Seyfried's writing so much.. Been waiting for my issue. Now to hear this...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Back in the early days of DGJ, those of us who wrote for the magazine really were "contributors". A little later on, when the first edition of my pheasant hunting book came out, I asked Dan if I could trade articles for ad copy. Worked out well for me. There were only some 300+ hardback copies of that book, and I sold the majority of them via those DGJ ads.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by 1916XE
Tom Kidd's articles on AH Fox shotguns could not be found elsewhere and had no peer.
Stay in touch, Stan.

So, so true. Tom's pieces on Fox guns are treasures. Tom and I have become long distance friends, and hope to shoot doves together this winter with our Foxes. We almost got to do so last winter but COVID got in the way.

I will miss Ross Seyfried's articles, too. He always has been one of my faves.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I thoroughly enjoyed the DGJ and had all issues from the beginning and they occupied two shelves of my bookcase. But early this year I realized I’d never get around to reading them again and gave away all 200 pounds of them at our Spring Rocky Mountain Vintager shoot in Raton, New Mexico. I only kept those issues by Sherman Bell dealing with shooting damascus guns using nitro—about ten issues. They found a good home and I think the new owner will get as much enjoyment from them as I did. I will miss the wonderful magazine and have fingers crossed someone will pick up the baton.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Got my letter today. Had a small credit so spent it on one of the DVD’s. I have the Parkers at the End of the Rainbow and recommend that one highly. I got the British guns so look forward to watching.

They say they are going to do some books on double guns and I hope that comes to fruition. Hate to say I am not holding my breath

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mine arrived yesterday. Sad news for sure. This publication will be sorely missed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

II hope and pray someone will step in and buy the company..Many thank to DGJ for being in business all these years..will really be missed

Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have always hunted with doubles. Started out with a .410 Stevens. My dad shot a Nitro Special. I would spend hours looking at the engraved British and German guns in a dogeared old Stoeger catalogue. But I had never held one in my hands till I bought a Sauer Model 8 for $35 from a WWII veteran in 1950. It was made in 1911, and I was awed by the workmanship and wood like I had never seen before. It is still my grouse gun even though I can't hunt any longer. I began picking up and shooting American clunkers. I restocked a couple. In the early '60's I got into hunting with percussion doubles for waterfowl and at muzzleloader shoots. By then I fancied myself as a collector of duck decoys and double shotguns. So, when I saw my first DGJ in the mid-90's, I was in heaven and have since enjoyed every issue.

Goodbye old friend.

Hal

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.