April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Dave Weber, dblgnfix, Karl Graebner, Dan S. W., Argo44, earlyriser), 422 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,806
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is a physical reaction not a chemical reaction

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
This is a physical reaction not a chemical reaction

I learned at the University of Hockey that for every physical action, e.g. a flush right cross to the jaw,
there is an equal and opposite physical reaction, viz, a knockout.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

roads, it is obviously a physical reaction and not a chemical reaction...

so, mc is right once again and we who differ with him are wrong once again...

now can we git back to the purpose of this thread...

pls send an email to:

andy severn
oxford-ebooks.com

requesting reactivation of tony treadwell's ebook...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
You are still an idiot the you missed the point. failed miserably ,hot steel into cold water makes steam this is what edd saw in tonys video. Like an idiot anti gunner liberal Democrat you rail blindly looking for validation.small man that you are you resort to name calling you are the turd in this bb punch bowl .

If you simply dropped a piece of insoluble steel in a drum of cold water, there would be no immediate change in the molecular structure or composition. If you simply quenched a red hot piece of mild steel, there would be no significant chemical change in the water or the steel either.

On the other hand, if you dump a red hot crucible containing steel parts that have been cooked for hours in a mixture of carbon rich bone and wood charcoal at over 1400 degrees F, then BOTH the steel parts AND the quench water are changed chemically. If you don't think the water has changed mc, you should try drinking it or washing your eyes in it. You could fill your aquarium and watch your tropical fish die in it. You could even pay a water testing lab to tell you that the contents of your quench tank now have a higher, more alkaline pH, and it is no longer pure water. And I would be willing to wager a substantial amount that is precisely what a good testing laboratory would tell us.

I don't expect you to understand or accept these facts mc, because you are also blind and ignorant to the fact that you accused me of name calling in your reply to me, while simultaneously calling me ugly things like an idiot and a turd in the punch bowl. What was really nasty and ugly was comparing me to a liberal Democrat. All the other things are just sticks-and-stones, but comparing me to a Democrat is the rudest insult imaginable. I thought we were friends...

So hopefully we all learned a little here mc.

We learned a little about the chemical reactions that occur during the charcoal color case hardening process, and the chemical compounds involved... We also learned something about the chemical and molecular changes that happen to those compounds. The steel changes both physically and chemically. And the charcoal and quench water are changed as well.

We learned that Ed knows more about the case hardening process than you. We also learned that when Ed wants to, he can spell, write, and use punctuation better than you could on your best day.

We also learned that things like Manners and Civility aren't really all that important to the folks who whine and cry to Dave about such things. If that were important, they would be crying to Dave about you, since you have been engaging in name calling, rude and nasty insults, and following Ed around and disrupting his Threads for many months.

We learned that they are not calling for you to be banned or Moderated, and they are not crying and wringing their hands because you post your insults and vitriol while using only the initials mc, instead of your full name. We haven't seen even one complaint from Preacher or Gladys Kravitz or their pals. So once again, we learned that you can learn a lot about guns on this BBS. But if you pay attention, you can learn a lot about people too.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.