April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (smlekid), 1,150 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,841
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

It’s a bit of a surprise that the only piece commented upon was a minor remark by Charles.

Sandanona is a lovely facility. With upland fields, casting ponds, a restaurant, clays facilities, Orvis store, etc. right there.
BSA is just around the corner, and has all kinds of treasures.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

AH Fox-"The Finest Gun in the World". As originally made in Philadelphia.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Everyone is wrong, the Vickers machine gun is the most reliable gun ever built. But since it isn't a shotgun, its probably OT for this thread. grin

"In 1963 in Yorkshire, a class of British Army armorers put one Vickers gun through probably the most strenuous test ever given to an individual gun. The base had a stockpile of approximately 5 million rounds of Mk VII ammunition which was no longer approved for military use. They took a newly rebuilt Vickers gun, and proceeded to fire the entire stock of ammo through it over the course of seven days. They worked in pairs, switching off at 30 minute intervals, with a third man shoveling away spent brass. The gun was fired in 250-round solid bursts, and the worn out barrels were changed every hour and a half. At the end of the five million rounds, the gun was taken back into the shop for inspection. It was found to be within service spec in every dimension."

Link: https://www.popularmechanics.com/mi...n-is-one-of-the-best-firearms-ever-made/

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.
3 members like this: mc, Stanton Hillis, John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, so there!

I just like easy access to repair parts if something goes wrong.
Miroku/Browning has many repair sites if needed.

The rest, vanilla/chocolate/whatever.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Respecting Charles Schneible’s experience and his long exposure to all the finest doubles, his choice of Fabbri as his favorite was interesting but Miroku as the most reliable was a surprise. I have no experience with Miroku so nothing to base that response on but I was, and am, hoping that some more of this community who do may yet weigh in.

Speude Bradeos
AGS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by GLS
The Benelli. It was a happy day I bought my first SBE which lasted until it wouldn't cycle after the first shot out of the box. The dealer replaced it. The next happy Benelli day was when I got rid of the replacement. What other shotgun has had so many documented ftf's that it has earned a title when the bolt unexpectedly rotates out of battery? The "Benelli Click". BTW, Jonny, the author of the video above, has a video wherein he shows how to completely strip down the trigger and ejector assemblies of 680-686 series with a Leatherman tool with commentary of the genius of the design that all parts can be purchased inexpensively and replaced without requiring fitting to properly work. When I first decided to buy my Beretta O/U, it was only after consulting my LGS's owner and gunsmith who sold both the Browning and Beretta that Beretta was far better to source parts than was Browning but that the Beretta needed far less repairs than the Browning O/U. OMMV. Gil

Sawrhis late, but the only one I remember was not a shotgun, but the .40 Glocks when they came out. The were referred to as something like the "Glock Boomers" or some such due to the many "impressive self disassemblies" reported.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have probably discharged 100,000 rounds through Browning/Miroku O/U’s.
These are my findings.

A new out-of-the-box browning sporting clays model, will run about 40,000 rounds before it needs rejoining.
A Browning shop can change the worn parts, and get it back to you in a day.

I imported a pair of Miroku High pheasant 20s through Charles, And other than visiting his shop for pick up and testing, I did so entirely on his reputation.

The transaction was effortless, and cost efficient.

I have put just about 5000 rounds through them.
They operate in every way exactly as my Browning’s have and I am pleased with the barrel differences.

The top lever locking mechanism was too tight on number two, so I had them polished until the top lever effort was identical between the two guns. You can tell no difference between them any longer.

They will outlast me, draining the life from high birds with excellent patterns and a dynamic nature.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just another reason why the ONLY semi-auto in my working battery is my 1961 Browning A-5 light 12-28" mod VR.. Nothing stops a properly set-up A-5, Nothing. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd put the Browning cal. .50 MG (Ma-Deuce) against any Limey or even Kraut heavyMG for endurance with mil. ord. ball ammo. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
Just another reason why the ONLY semi-auto in my working battery is my 1961 Browning A-5 light 12-28" mod VR.. Nothing stops a properly set-up A-5, Nothing. RWTF

sand

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.