March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Bob Jurewicz, lagopus, Jtplumb, SKB, craigd), 871 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,017
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not a Linebaugh, but I have a friend, a petite lady who lives in AK, that hunts bears with pistols. She has taken five, with perfect success. She will not shoot one at more than 20 yards. She graduated from a .44 Magnum to a .454 Casull, and now uses a .500 S & W. She is an amazing lady.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
3 members like this: Run With The Fox, John Roberts, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Right now, I can't imagine anything preempting my Cashmore Paragon. But who knows what will cross my path yet?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

My guns are like friends in that when I find a new one or go somewhere with an old one, I am expecting to have a good time. Even if at the end I'm soaked in sweat and covered with burrs and blood.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by eeb
Originally Posted by gunmaker
I built a .500 Linebaugh double rifle years ago…wouldn’t want to shoot it in a handgun!

Children should not be playing with such things

Well, you know what assumptions will get you.

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC.
Mineola, TX
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com
682-554-0044
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by canvasback
Originally Posted by Lloyd3
James & Stan: This wasn't meant to be depressing (although I suppose it could go that way). I'm simply being forced to adapt to some changing conditions here (albeit grudgingly) and was wondering what others had come up with in similar circumstances. Ted's story of his pal on the Munger trail is bit of a downer, but I'm a cockeyed optimist these days (a surprising side-effect of attending too-many funerals lately). I'm looking forward and not back anymore...

Lloyd, my post was half tongue in cheek. I'm way to busy looking forward to life and all the great things still to enjoy and look forward to, to worry about what I hope will be a quick downward slide. Hell, send the right woman my way and I'd have another kid!

Gutsy, dude. I wouldn’t try that. Might just be my experience, but, “Right Woman” is a moving target.

I digress.

Best,
Ted

I DID say “right” woman. Hahaha. They are hard to come by and worth treasuring when you find one. I’m not holding my breath.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
2 members like this: Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Not a Linebaugh, but I have a friend, a petite lady who lives in AK, that hunts bears with pistols. She has taken five, with perfect success. She will not shoot one at more than 20 yards. She graduated from a .44 Magnum to a .454 Casull, and now uses a .500 S & W. She is an amazing lady.

I can’t be with a woman who can shoot a bigger gun than me.

James is looking, not holding his breath. A match made on doublegun?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not sure I like the premise mainly because only one gun is beyond me. I will make an odd stab anyway.

I don’t count inherited family guns.

I could only imagine (not likely to happen) cutting down my collection to four guns. A 12ga Boss SLE, 16ga Purdey SLE, 16ga Christophe SLE, 24ga French BLNE.

Lastly, I don’t see cutting down anytime soon, other than to finance other options. I like all the guns I have, or I would not have them.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
1 member likes this: Run With The Fox
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
I can’t be with a woman who can shoot a bigger gun than me.

I can understand that Ted, and we may not be alone. This lady has never married, guides hunters for moose and bear, and spends over a week in the bush alone when she hunts for herself.

Married or not, she's one amazing lady, this Brenda Crim.

http://www.akmissions.com/brenda-crim.html

May God bless America and those who defend her.
2 members like this: Run With The Fox, John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Steve Nash
Like many here, I have a few to choose from... but for the sake of tradition, my last hunt, coming up sooner than I'd like, will be with a London 'best,' a Charles Lancaster 12-bore central-fire breech-loader from 1864.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Steve,

An outstanding pinfire. Or is it a converted pinfire? Not sure from the angle provided but it would appear the hammers have been changed or modified.

I'm thinking my last gun should be a 36cal. smooth bore single barrel fowler with a flint lock.

Last edited by Tamid; 08/18/22 10:23 AM.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Little Fox Sterlingworth 20 gauge ejector, upgraded to an AE made to fit me with custom wood. Choked .004 and .014. 5 lb 13 oz. Might have it laid beside me in the box along with a bunch of dog ashes. Maybe a fired shell or two.

foxes rule
3 members like this: GLS, Run With The Fox, Stanton Hillis
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.