March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (FlyChamps, cpa, Dan S. W., canvasback, 3 invisible), 803 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I think there is some nice dog work in these.

1 member likes this: GLS
Sidelock
Sidelock

A pleasant video to watch but BEWARE, a dog needs to be introduced slowly to Game and needs basic obedience lessons first and foremost , Recall, Sit, Stay, Pup must be bird and shot proof first of all.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Uplander has a YouTube channel with many videos.

I met up with those guys down in Arizona last winter.

Their hunting style doesn’t appeal to everyone.

They are from my state.

Out there doing it best I can.
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Having never hunted Woodcock, I am shocked how much pressure they took before flushing.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Introducing the pup to a trap, bird, and gunfire.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hickox makes excellent bird dog training videos with an emphasis on safe and sane use of ecollars AFTER the dog understands and obeys commands without the collar. I resisted the use of ecollars, but after having my oldest fail to "hear" me and obey, a trainer taught me the use and Abby's hearing improved within 5 minutes of use. He stresses the importance of order of training. For instance, "whoa" is to be taught before "come" with the collar because if the dog fails to "whoa" unless stimulated ('stimulated" sounds more humane than zapped), the dog will come when you meant "whoa" if stimulated. A lot of good and enjoyable hunting can be had with just two commands: "come" and "whoa". Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

E collars have their places, but only if used properly. I have two and almost never need one. I do put them on the dog when hunting more for the location option than anything else. And a mild vibration has corrected most shortfalls so far.

I’ve seen too many “trainers” think that a little e collar will fix everything. It won’t. Basic, basics, basics and then figure out why you still have a problem. E collars are a last resort or at best an augmentation not a cure all. In fact I often have thought an e collar on the man would fix most problems with a dog. But don’t let my wife hear that. She might get ideas that I might regret.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.