Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Very nice photography! And very nice guns!

Good going. Hope to see more of your fine photographic skills

Best

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, well today was our (North Dakota) Pheasant Opener. For me it translated into one word....Sucked! I saw a total of 4 birds that got up wild and that was it. None of the old reliable spots held any birds (today that is). But, didn't go home empty handed. Did manage a limit of grouse. It's been an exceptional year for grouse. Our G&F Dept said grouse are down and pheasants up. Guess time will tell on the pheasant end, but not today!

Anyway, I used my 12b Purdey today

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Will see what tomorrow brings!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
5 members like this: old colonel, liverwort, Tim Cartmell, Parabola, Imperdix
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, day 2 of the pheasant season, except.....no pheasants! Got up one hen and a rooster that flushed wild. Boy, today my shooting was really off. Got 1 grouse, lost 1 and dropped the legs on another (he just sailed away!) . Worse is I flat out missed 2 more! Should have brought home a limit, but only one today. Oh well, just one of those days!

I used my 12b Blanch today

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
4 members like this: liverwort, Tim Cartmell, Parabola, LeFusil
Sidelock
Sidelock

Pretty decent day afield. Still way too warm out, hopefully that changes soon. This first week, the birds obviously have had the “weather gauge” advantage in regards to wind, humidity, and temp. Birds can hear you walking in a mile away, you can hear the dogs breathing/panting when they’re 300 yrds out ranging. It’s tough. Still somehow managed a brace for myself. My oldest son took some time away from his college homework this weekend to walk the grass with his pops, managed his own brace. He was shooting his favorite gun….a 16 bore Winny 97’ circa 1914 choked mod. He needed all of that choke both yesterday and today.

I used my Chas. Lancaster SLE circa 1894.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

11 members like this: old colonel, liverwort, Rubberhead, FallCreekFan, steve voss, gjw
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very pretty gun, Dustin.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Very pretty gun, Dustin.

+1 What a beauty. Great photo!

Best

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, well, another day of crappy pheasant hunting! Got up one hen.....and that was it! On the bright side, did take a slight detour to go after some grouse. Got a double out of a covey rise and worked the prairie for a short time. Got one on a long shot, that was gratifying. Limited in about a 1/2 hour. The weather needs to turn I think, it's been very warm to hot, very dry and not much wind overall. Guess time will tell as they say.

Used my 12b Henry Atkin

Addie did really well, very happy with her!

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
5 members like this: old colonel, liverwort, bbman3, Parabola, FallCreekFan
Sidelock
Sidelock

Addie looks like she would appreciate some cooler temps too, Greg.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Addie looks like she would appreciate some cooler temps too, Greg.

Yes indeed. We called it a bit early, the temps were starting to rise and I don't need a good dog going down. Supposed to cool off this week. Hope things improve for the Ringnecks.

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

I took my vintage Birmingham shotgun out for a walk today. I chased up two grouse in the bush, managed to get one. There doesn't seem to be many Ruffies this year where I am. We had a lot of moisture from May through to the middle of July which likely impacted their chicks. Anyway, it was still a good day out in the woods.

________
TC

4 members like this: old colonel, liverwort, LeFusil, Parabola
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.