March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Dan R, Parabola, canvasback, David Williamson, craigd, ChiefAmungum), 320 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,984
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ne...by_date/sa-2022/restrictions-onhhwg-meat
No mention of whether the USDA will allow live birds to migrate south this year.

1 member likes this: SKB
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't want to think this is political so I intend to play like it's not...Geo.

1 member likes this: Run With The Fox
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is all about the avian flu issues. Some expert has figured out that you have some chance of spreading it to live fowl if you bring back infected dead fowl. I guess fowl CPR is the risk.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Bluestem
No mention of whether the USDA will allow live birds to migrate south this year.

They will be permitted to migrate as long as they are fully vaccinated, have a vaccine passport, and wear masks.

These restrictions will be optional if they are migrating to a BLM rally in a Blue State.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

6 members like this: Rubberhead, Cameron, mc, Ted Schefelbein, John Roberts, Robt. Harris
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just how does the USDA propose to enforce the ordinances they have enacted. In my area of MI we get some migration drift from Canada throughout our t60 day open season, so I suppose some of the many mallards and Canada geese I bag each season are migrants. I have a suggestion for the Canucks who are tasked with the vaccination process this paint. Use safety orange spray paint,like the road crews use, and spray paint the ass-ends and wingtips of the birds they have netted/trapped to be vaccinated. Don't laugh, this works. A few years ago I had permission to hunt/shoot barn pigeons on an older farm with 3 old silos and lots of spilled grain. I had a real "gold mine", no one else bothered to ask permission to shoot there- one day in late spring, while setting up, the farmer came over to chat over coffee, and asked me if I could tell a racing pigeon from a regular pigeon in flight. I told him; "No, I don,t think I can, why do you ask?"" "Well, a neighbor down the road, his boy is doing a racing pigeon project for the 4-H, and he asked me to ask you if you see a pigeon in range with a red ribbon tied to a leg, not to shoot it." "OK, Ed" I replied. But just in case the ribbon comes loose or gets wet in a rainy day, how about having him paint their ass ends with safety glow paint?'' long story short, he did, and over the summer and into Sept, I probably killed 100 barn pigeons over about 10 visits, and only saw 2 flying in range with that marking, and I passed them up. Come to think of it, as I waaay prefer incomers on waterfowl, maybe spraying the neck collar area on the Canadas, as well as their ass ends, might work the best. Feel free to inform our Canuck compadres of this option as ypu may see fit.RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

So, you can't bring cleaned, packaged game birds home with you.
But the same birds that you shot at in Saskatchewan on Monday, can be in North Dakota the next day.
If I was guessing, I'd say that packaged game meat is hugely less risk of infection than wild birds on the wing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

More proof that common sense is dead and politicians are morons

2 members like this: Cameron, Run With The Fox
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd lean towards blaming this on the poultry barons. Tyson, Perdue and Koch have huge influence.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I read this the other day and immediately thought gov't bureaucracy at its idiotic finest!

Cameron Hughes
Sidelock
Sidelock

As of yesterday there has been a 180 degree shift. All birds can be taken back to the US but with certain conditions.

Unprocessed hunter-harvested wild game bird carcasses, originating from or transiting Canada, must meet following conditions:
Viscera, head, neck, feet, skin, and one wing have been removed; and
Feathers have been removed, with the exception of one wing – as required by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) for species identification; and
Carcasses must be rinsed in fresh, clean, potable water prior to packaging and must not have visible evidence of contamination with dirt, blood, or feces; and
Carcasses must be imported in leak-proof plastic packaging and stored in a leak proof cooler or container during transport and import; and
Carcasses must be chilled or frozen during transport and import.

APHIS further recommends that boots and any equipment used to process the carcasses should be clean and visibly free from dirt, blood, tissue, and feces.

Cooked or cured meat and meat products (for example, sausage, jerky, etc.) will not be allowed import as U.S. FWS requirements cannot be met to identify the species of wild bird.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.