April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Fudd, DaveB, Researcher, Mark II, 1 invisible), 450 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Estimado, Sr. Francisco, ¡claro que también soy un amante de las buenas armas hechas con las manos: inglesas, belgas, americanas, españolas... He tenido bastantes armas y he cazado con los calibres 12, 16, 20, pero hace tiempo descubrí el 28 y es mi preferido. Comencé con el calibre 28 con dos escopetas Ugartechea. Después de haber tenido más en este calibre, mi compañera para cazar es y será siempre una escopeta monotiro inglesa de este calibre con martillo exterior: una delicia. ¡One shot, one chance!

Veo que tiene mucha experiencia con las armas y el tiro, y deseo que todo vaya a mejor. Saludos desde España.

Salud y buena caza para todos.

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
1 member likes this: Run With The Fox
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hola, Mi neuve amigo de Espana- Que Tal. Tambien Yo estoy amantiro de las armas hechas con los manos del mundo, Europa y Los Estados Unidos. Y como usted, tengo algunas arms en calibres:12, 20 y 28. Los escopetas hechan para Winchester & L.C. Smith estan mio "vaya a selectione par dia"-- Pero tengo mucha experienca como asi una cazador en Michigan, Montana y Arkansas en Los Estadoes Unidoes. Saludoes y muy buena serra desde Michigan. Sr. Francisco!!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
1 member likes this: campero
Sidelock
Sidelock

Who will be the USA importer?

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know, John. And the new owner of Ugartechea is... ¿?

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quien sabes?? Zorro...

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ugartechea is back!

I was just over on the New England Custom Gun website and seen that they will be bringing in a new Ugartechea model called the Knock-About in early 2024. It will be based on Ugartechea's entry level Model 40, non ejector, with a scalloped action and case coloring. 26 inch barrels though. Grouse gun? No picture yet. $4995.00 expected price.

New Ugartechea Advert

_____
TC

1 member likes this: Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

$5k for a boxlock non ejector....surely that`s dead in the water in today`s market ???

4 members like this: John Roberts, Tim Cartmell, Parabola, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

I’d be happy if someone offered me $2.5K for my almost as new Parker Hale Ugartecha 12 bore BLE with chopper lump barrels 🤩🤩🤩

Hammer price at Southams about a year ago was £12.

3 members like this: Hammergun, Imperdix, Tim Cartmell
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Imperdix
$5k for a boxlock non ejector....surely that`s dead in the water in today`s market ???

Sadly, I agree.

______
TC

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Parabola
I’d be happy if someone offered me $2.5K for my almost as new Parker Hale Ugartecha 12 bore BLE with chopper lump barrels 🤩🤩🤩

Hammer price at Southams about a year ago was £12.

$2500 is what the Model 40 sold for new back in 2010-2012 when I was looking at them.

I always liked their Maura model which was a step up from Ugartechea’s model 40. The Aspen Outfitting Company claimed it as their proprietary AOC/SG model. However, the Ugartechea Maura apparently existed long before AOC made claim to it.

When I use to regularly frequent the Spanish Shotgunworld site, a Spanish fellow came on once and made a post describing that very boxlock model. He stated that years ago he had visited the Ugartechea workshop in Eibar and asked Ignacio Ugartechea about the Maura model. Mr. Ugartechea explained that he had built it years before specifically for a lady named Mrs. Maura who was a marquise. He said she use to hunt woodcock in the hills around Eibar, but would get tired carrying a heavy 12 gauge sidelock all day long. So Mr. Ugartechea custom built her a 16 gauge boxlock with open chokes and so named the shotgun, Maura.

I handled a Maura boxlock back in 2010. It was a very simple and yet elegant little gun, just felt lively in the hands. I should have bought one when I had the chance. They were strictly a special order gun. I told the distributor I would purchase one if Ugartechea ever made them again. Back in 2010, he told me they were only made on a small production run, specifically a batch of about 25 guns once a year for the Aspen Outfitting Company. I stopped and visited the Aspen Outfitting Company back in 2014. At that time, Jon Hollinger told me that was the last year they would be bringing in Ugartechea shotguns. It was pretty much over by then.

Ugartechea Maura
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

_____
TC

1 member likes this: Parabola
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.