April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (canvasback, Fudd), 488 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Do you always shoot the messenger?

Asking for a friend. Or three.

Best,
Ted

Why don't you just admit, you really don't know much about Merkels (etc.)?

You really want to tell someone that owns one, what it looks like? Grow up.

And now you upset The Fuse, and he is probably having a terrible morning after having to look at a Teutonic shotgun again, especially that one.

This, after I posted an example of EXACTLY what I was talking about? Really? Scientific method much?

Hey, word has it there is a recently retired professor that believes there isn’t enough grit for ruffed grouse to eat. Bet he wears lederhosen when he hunts.

In northern Minnesota.

We should commission a study to find out!

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Do you always shoot the messenger?

Asking for a friend. Or three.

Best,
Ted

Why don't you just admit, you really don't know much about Merkels (etc.)?

You really want to tell someone that owns one, what it looks like? Grow up.

And now you upset The Fuse, and he is probably having a terrible morning after having to look at a Teutonic shotgun again, especially that one.

This, after I posted an example of EXACTLY what I was talking about? Really? Scientific method much?

Hey, word has it there is a recently retired professor that believes there isn’t enough grit for ruffed grouse to eat. Bet he wears lederhosen when he hunts.

In northern Minnesota.

We should commission a study to find out!

Best,
Ted

You'd be funny if not so pathetic. You said if he bought a Merkel, he would HAVE to live with a cheek piece, swivels, and chickens. I am still looking for you to show me where those features are on my Model 8. You said what you said. Maybe you ought to rethink what you don't know you don't know about science.

But yet you will persist, because you just can't help yourself.

Why don't you do something useful and check your Darnes for regulation. Or actually go hunting. Don't forget your "snap caps". Good grief.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Sub par Germanic engraving, cheekpieces and swivels aren’t a thing, because they aren’t on your gun.

Got it.

Maybe you should get out more . Just a thought.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sub par Germanic engraving, cheekpieces and swivels aren’t a thing, because they aren’t on your gun.

Got it.

Maybe you should get out more . Just a thought.

Best,
Ted

I'm out pretty much every day, Ted. Maybe you need to work on your comprehension of the English language, what you don't know you don't know (about everything), and Merkel Model 8s. While you do that, I'll go chase a pheasant or two.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Can not understand why a 26”. Everybody knows the 28” is more in demand. When I was stocking Arrieta, Aya, Fair, my inventory almost exclusively 28” and above. The people at New England Custom guns are smart folks so can not understand this school of thought.

John Boyd
Quality Arms

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
2 members like this: Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

As I understood it,for many years Ugartechea were using whatever parts were in the old factory which dictated their inventory ,perhaps the new operation is working from the same stock of actions,barrels etc,hence the lack of options.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by arrieta2
Can not understand why a 26”. Everybody knows the 28” is more in demand. When I was stocking Arrieta, Aya, Fair, my inventory almost exclusively 28” and above. The people at New England Custom guns are smart folks so can not understand this school of thought.

John Boyd
Quality Arms

Some years ago a well known dealer tried to sell my wife a 26 inch barreled 20 gauge. She would have none of it and told him that the barrels were too short. By her choice both of her guns bought after that dealer's attempted sale have 28 inch barrels.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tim Cartmell
Ugartechea is back!

I was just over on the New England Custom Gun website and seen that they will be bringing in a new Ugartechea model called the Knock-About in early 2024. It will be based on Ugartechea's entry level Model 40, non ejector, with a scalloped action and case coloring. 26 inch barrels though. Grouse gun? No picture yet. $4995.00 expected price.

New Ugartechea Advert

_____
TC

I just came across this photo from the new Armas Ugartechea Facebook site, it looks like the boxlock being described in the NECG advertisement? New Ugartechea Boxlock (from their November 18, 2023 post). It appears to be the same shotgun as the previous AOC/SG model less the concave rib and ejectors? If I remember correctly, this shotgun with ejectors was selling for approx. $4000 back in 2012/2014.

Also, their Maura Special boxlock model in 410 gauge (from their April 5, 2021 post). Ugartechea Maura Special

_____
TC

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dodecagon barrels?

1 member likes this: John Roberts
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by DoubleTake
Dodecagon barrels?

I think it's maybe just on the breech end of the barrels. It's hard to tell even when looking at the full length photo. I like the Ugartechea Maura model, however the one that I handled back in 2010 had the normal barrels, it was identical to the AOC/SG boxlock. Maybe the Dodecagon style barrels are what makes it the Special.

I would sure like to see a price listing for the new Ugartechea shotguns. At $5000 for a new boxlock, in my mind they are on the cusp of being unaffordable. The dealer I bought from in the past hasn't brought any Ugartecheas in yet. Maybe too expensive now to stock other than for just taking custom orders. It would be nice to handle a new one for a feel on quality.

______
TC

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.