May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Stanton Hillis, Jusanothajoe, 1 invisible), 778 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,402
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

I bet gun has been found/delivered by now

Arrieta2

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Brian Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by Brian
Stanton,
My proof is that it got to the final destination before being loaded into a delivery truck and just disappeared. It was scanned in at the facility. A 50" long package doesn't accidently get shoved under a counter. And there is a prior recent history of another high end gun being stolen there. same situation. same dealer destination. so, while there may be, ( as a realist I doubt it) an extremely small chance it was "misplaced" but given the facts and the situation, I will stand by my accusation that it was stolen.

Try entering that amount of evidence into a court of law as "proof". Won't get you very far. I understand your angst, but not your surety of accusation.

Ok, let me rephrase. I am alleging that it was stolen, the preponderance of the evidence suggests that. enough so that I can say with certainty that the package didnt gor legs and walk off on its own. therefore, it took human interaction for it to disappear.
You domt have to have a ton of evidence to charge someone with a crime or violation. hell, a speeding ticket (accusation) is alleged until proven in court but they can haul you into court for it. same as a DWI.

lets now loose sight of my post. UPS cant locate my 1800 dollar package and it was in their possession, they have it documented to their final sort facility and then it is missing. doesn't take a rocket scientist or Clarence Darrow to deduce the probability of theft.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Brian Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

rifle has not been found. UPS is processing my claim.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I once had a shipment disappear during handling by FedEx. It was expensive ham radio gear. As they were processing the claim after a month missing during shipment, FedEx notified me that Lands End had received the radio equipment in a seller/shipper reused Lands End shipment box that bore the name of the seller on the old shipping label. FedEx returned the box to Lands End for them to sort out the problem. Lands End contacted the seller and it was picked up by FedEx after Lands End affixed the correct shipping label. The original label had been destroyed on the outer box as the Lands End box was the inside box of a double box shipment. After 6 weeks I got the equipment. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lands End??? Aren't they a supplier of catalog yuppie clothing, like Eddie Bean, or L.L. Bauser?? How in the blazes would Ham radio equipment get mixed into a clothing and or outdoor equipment in the first place. CQ CQ Whiskey 8 Mike November Zulu!!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
Lands End??? Aren't they a supplier of catalog yuppie clothing, like Eddie Bean, or L.L. Bauser?? How in the blazes would Ham radio equipment get mixed into a clothing and or outdoor equipment in the first place. CQ CQ Whiskey 8 Mike November Zulu!!!

Hogwash

Well if you think a 81 year old life time hunter and fisherman (myself) is a yuppie then maybe LL Bean are suppliers of Yuppie catalogues to us yuppies. I have been buying from LL Bean for likely 60 years and well before the name yuppie was dreamed up. Take a look at the knee high LL Bean boots worn by Archibald Rutledge in some of his photos from the 1930's---does ole Archie qualify as a Yuppie? No, he knew what works well in the "FIELD" and mostly in his case the swamps of the South Carolina low country and the grouse hills of Pennsylvania where he lived while teaching.

I like LL Bean clothing so much I have had a LL Bean credit card for years and years. Of course they are going to have to make clothing for the youngsters ---how else are they going to stay in business we eighty year olds are not going to live forever.

Last edited by bushveld; 02/09/23 08:06 PM.
4 members like this: Run With The Fox, eeb, Stanton Hillis, John Roberts
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I once sold a gentleman a rifle and he added a discontinued new in box Leupold scope that I had to the purchase. I placed the sealed Leupold box inside the large rifle box.
Rifle arrived at his FFL without the scope in the rifle box. He believed I had put it in there and I believed he didn’t take it out but I am still at a loss for what could’ve happened. I either sent him a second scope or refunded the money but I had insured the package for the value of both and submitted a claim for the scope. A few months went by and I continued to put constant pressure on UPS as it always takes. I finally pinched them to the point that I was told a check would be issued that day.
Two days later the original Leupold scope still sealed and with a dozen labels and barcodes on it arrived at my office. No notice, no explanation, and no idea what happened

Last edited by Marks_21; 02/10/23 04:06 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Marks_21
I once sold a gentleman a rifle and he added a discontinued new in box Leupold scope that I had to the purchase. I placed the sealed Leupold box inside the large rifle box.
Rifle arrived at his FFL without the scope in the rifle box. He believed I had put it in there and I believed he didn’t take it out but I am still at a loss for what could’ve happened. I either sent him a second scope or refunded the money but I had insured the package for the value of both and submitted a claim for the scope. A few months went by and I continued to put constant pressure on UPS as it always takes. I finally pinched them to the point that I was told a check would be issued that day.
Two days later the original Leupold scope still sealed and with a dozen labels and barcodes on it arrived at my office. No notice, no explanation, and no idea what happened

Wow.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I ship all long guns USPS. Never had an issue. It seems to me that maybe, just maybe, a federal employee would think twice before stealing a firearm. But in the end, who knows?

"As for me and my house we will shoot Damascus!"
Sidelock
Sidelock

As of a few years ago packages w ups (or it was fedex) hit the warehouse and come in and go down the conveyers and driver pulls his boxes onto the floor at the rear of his backed-up truck which sits against the belt. Picture a bunch of trucks parked backed up to the line side by side like soldiers in formation. Driver is required to load up the rear of his truck, sometimes another driver helps but rarely. Driver is required to scan all boxes once in the truck and BEFORE leaving the warehouse property, many do so usually right there at the belt w the packages going in. This will show the item is now on the truck out for delivery.

And that’s the loophole which permits thief drivers to target and steal packages - they know their route has a special address (or there are substitute drivers who happen by chance to take over a valued route, meaning w choice delivery locations). They recognize by name/address the package will be going to a precious metals or auction house or jewelry store - or gun dealer. Given reports of thefts on prized routes, security is going to eventually look to target the problem drivers. So security will send down bait packages along the conveyor belt directed to said route and thief driver. The camera will show the bait package handled by the driver and fake scanned or simply put into the back of the truck.. and the system will show the bait package was NOT scanned, ever, by the driver and certainly not in conformance w policy prior to departing w the truck, but the other packages sent down for that route will have been scanned, Therefore, the package is shown as still at the warehouse and never delivered and lost can’t locate it. The thief pulls out and goes about his route, but drops off the targeted package w a friend conspirator, or wife or girlfriend, along the route. You’d be surprised trucks may or may not have GPS devices to prove to these companies where their trucks are and if they momentarily veer off… and that there may not be uniformity across warehouses in different states as to the capabilities of security to investigate. Thief drivers are not going to keep the package for the entirety of their shift and stuff it under their shirt (unless really small) and walk it to their car in the employee parking lot in possible view of others so as to leave with it at end of shift, so it’s probable it was dropped off to a “friend” while on his/her route.

I did say eventually security will investigate. That’s because unless you are a business with a large account with UPS/FEDEX and you take it to corporate (meaning elevate it above the account manager to counsel for UPS/FEDEX) and threaten a lawsuit and or full press to move your account elsewhere, UPS/FEDEX probably isn’t going to care about several losses of lower value packages by individual sometime customers.

I’d have the same feeling as you - it’s probably stolen from a driver who had your route that shift - you need to report to police (no matter a prospective negative result) just to get an incident report and ask to have it (serial make model and report no.) filed with NCIC. You likely need to first wait some mandated UPs/FEDEX policy time limit set by the co. To expire hence proving the package is totally lost in order to convince police it’s really stolen. Also ask them to enter it into leadsonline.com or whatever service or requirement your locality requires it to be entered into a pawn/second hand dealer system. You need to then take it to your local FBI office and file a complaint of Theft from Interstate Shipment; while it’s low value not suitable for a federal prosecution, explain that you’re likely being one of several victims and request/beg the agency to at least investigate it a little for your loss to determine from UPS the identity of the driver and to confirm the driver is a known problem child, and ask the FBI to go to his residence to interview him and see if the driver spits up the gun. That agency should well know how to handle a consent and search w a UPS driver who claims “didn’t do nothing.” I opine UPS/FEDEX isnt going to recover a stolen article from their driver, they’ll only fire him.

Last edited by rrrgcy; 02/21/23 10:29 AM.
1 member likes this: Run With The Fox
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.