May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (cpa, RWG, Ian Forrester, KDGJ, CJ Dawe, 1 invisible), 461 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,545
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

This post got me thinking about a newer addition to my accumulation that I picked up at the NE SXS event at Hauseman's last June. it is a very stout G. E. Lewis British single barrel 12 gauge that is Nitro proved for 1 1/2 ounces and has a 3 inch chamber with a 32 inch Improved Modified choked barrel. It weighs a hefty 8 lbs. 8.4 ounces but has great balance and feels lighter.

It is a single side lock hammer gun and what I read is a Dumoulin style firing pin/plunger system. Non ejector/extractor. It also has two small ivory beads on the receiver for aid in aiming in low light, there is no rib.

I have had good success smoking clays with it but have not had it out for actual hunting yet. I actually shoot it pretty well.

Stan, I also have a Sarasqueta Zephyr 10 gauge, but I Have the true sidelock SXS version. I hits like Thor's hammer with 3.5 inch Bismuth 2's and 4's.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

5 members like this: Tim Cartmell, Parabola, Stanton Hillis, earlyriser, campero
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's Baikal MP18 20 ga. When a buddy retired, I gave it to him. This was the first bird I shot with it over 10 years ago. Gil
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
My current Baikal MP18:

And campero, this one will knock your socks off. Here's Chilean Pato with his Baikal single-shot. It is indeed the Indian, not the arrow. This was posted years ago at
doublegun by JayCee from Chile.

Last edited by GLS; 02/19/23 06:44 PM.
4 members like this: Parabola, Stanton Hillis, campero, BrentD, Prof
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Do any of y'all remember the fellow up in Canada, on the Atlantic coast I think, that used very nice English single barrels for goose and duck hunting? He was a member on this board, but has not posted in many years. I fear he is no longer among us. I always loved to see his pictures. Cannot remember his name.

Edit: I just remembered ......... Terry Lubzinski. Vancouver, BC. I miss him.

In 2014, Terry sent me the below photo of his 10 ga. Greener. Gil

3 members like this: Parabola, Stanton Hillis, campero
campero Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for pictures and words! Beautiful guns! I'm looking for a 20 or 28 ga for clay shooting, but is difficult to find one similar to mine.

Parabola, what a pity you couldn't shoot comfortably with the E. Green single shot. I'm lucky cause I can shot every 28/70 cartridge I want with Milady.

Gil, yes, is the Indian and I hope to find many wild species to reinforce my "one shot, one chance" philosophy.

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
2 members like this: Parabola, BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

16-bore by Thomas Seymour of London, converted from percussion. Non-rebounding lock, 2 1/2" chamber, twist barrel, nitro re-proof.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

6 members like this: Lloyd3, Tim Cartmell, Parabola, Stanton Hillis, Karl Graebner, BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is the Springfield Model 1929 single 16 with 30” barrel that I mentioned last August in the Priceless thread that has been biding its time in the back of the safe waiting for the grandkids to get old enough to start enjoying it. Typical gun that you'd find standing behind the kitchen door in a midwest farmhouse of my youth. The garden was usually out the backdoor and the mother of the house could keep an eye on it from the window over the sink. When a groundhog was spotted among the rows she would reach behind the door, thumb back that hammer and slip the muzzle out the screendoor. Problem solved.

Last edited by FallCreekFan; 02/20/23 11:50 AM.

Speude Bradeos
4 members like this: Tim Cartmell, Parabola, Stanton Hillis, GLS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Campero,

Diggory Hadoke has recently posted a YouTube video featuring a double 12 bore Wiggan and Elliott patent double hammer gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It was seller’s remorse at having parted with the .410” William Moore and Gray (it had gone to a collector in Switzerland when I asked about buying it back) that was a major factor in prompting me to buy May Greener’s .410 converted rook rifle at Holts a while back.

That and I didn’t really expect my bid at just over bottom estimate to romp home!

Last edited by Parabola; 07/03/23 05:43 PM.
1 member likes this: campero
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Awesome guns guys. Thanks for sharing. Any more?

campero Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Parabola

...to buy May Greener’s .410 converted rook rifle at Holts a while back.

Beautiful lady, Parabola! I'm interested in other rook rifle converted to a small gauge too, but I don't know if patterns of this guns are good. What do you think?

Yes, Jimmy, hope to see more single barrel guns!

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
1 member likes this: Parabola
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.