April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hugh Lomas, barrel browner, Ducks Rx, Roundsworth, LGF, graybeardtmm3), 450 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,478
Posts545,199
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#49607 07/24/07 07:57 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I need to be able to communicate with someone knowledgeable about my guns. Not real computer savy. Don't have any idea of how rare or the value of guns.
1928 Browning A-5 16 guage
Parker Brothers Double 12 Pigeon
J.P. Sauer Drilling Double 16 over 7.62 rifle with German Scope ( made in Berlin )
l882 New Baker 12 rabbit eared.
U S Colt 58 Cal. Musket ( My grandfather always said it was issued at Harpers Ferry ).

HELP

Thanks

Sidelock
Sidelock

Can you elaborate more on the Old Reliable 'Pigeon'? You know, specs, condition,.... other interesting stuff. That's Americas NUMERO UNO collectible shotgun brand.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It is in good condition ( my words ) No rust not any pits been kept in a vault. The wood is all good, no cracks. It has a Grade II on it does that mean anything??

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ernie you are going to have to be more forthcoming with details. For example, a Parker can be worth anything from $500 to $150,000 depending on gauge, model and condition. By the way Parkers weren't graded as grade II. So take one gun at a time and provide all the details like engraving coverage, markings on rib and on the barrel flats/action flats, barrel length, case color coverage, gauge, state of all finishes etc. Then some of the very knowledgable people here will be able to give you some idea. Better yet post photos.

Last edited by Jerry V Lape; 07/24/07 08:26 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ernie, for info on the Parker you have, go to http://www.parkergun.org and find the page giving you directions on how to identify what you have. With that info and the serial number, someone can tell you when it was made. Be prepared to furnish all markings on the rib between the barrels, on the flats of the frame, and on the barrel flats. Those markings will provide clues as to what your gun is. Sounds like a good one. -- Ed

Keep outa the wire...
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

By flats do you mean any markings on the side of the gun?? What do you mean by the barrel flats??

Sidelock
Sidelock

The barrel "flats" are the flat bottom of the barrels where they close on the "watertable" of the frame.

Ole Cowboy
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Jerry

Looks like I have a lot to learn. Don't know anything about how to take pictures and put them on the computer and I may be to old to learn. Just can barely handle email.

I can tell you about the double 16 over the rifle. The scope is marked on the top in what looks like a funny shaped box with a top and then a line through the box and then the bottom. In the top part it says OIGEE and in the bottom it says Berlin. On the side it has GNOM 4X.
Both sides are engraved with markings one large one looks like the center of a flower and then has different lenghts of curly lines coming out from the center all over, It has J.P. Sauer & Sons engraved on the sides.

On the top it has J.P. Sauer & Sons over what looks like two lines of little balls with a line through the middle. Two rows of these under the name. The butt plate has a little J in the center of two big S's one over the other. Does this help any??

Will try ti find someone who can do pictures, may take a couple of days.

Thanks Again

Ernie

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tell us more about the Parker.

Ole Cowboy
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Don't have it in front of me right now. Will have tomorrow. I am trying to make a list of everything I need to look for so I can sound intelligent when I get back on. I don't know a thing about old guns.

Ernie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.