April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Fudd, buckstix), 666 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,484
Posts545,259
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
John Mann #50019 07/26/07 07:25 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

John, I have no humanity towards Andy if true.
No need to sugarcoat this either.
The men in black are hard nuts to crack and his clients should know this.
I feel for anyone with a gun in Andy's keeping - but it sounds like this has been going on for sometime now.
...and now is too late.
Hard times, do not make crooks outta most of us!

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 07/26/07 07:27 PM.
Lowell Glenthorne #50026 07/26/07 08:31 PM

I sent Andy a 20 ga SR Model 12 that has been in the family since 1929. No bill of sale on that gun. I will write to New York
Atty Gen for help. Only proof is shipping receipt with SN on it. I guess I'll have to try whatever I can to retrieve gun.

MickeyD #50027 07/26/07 08:38 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mickey,
Send Mr. Cuomo a letter, but call the local PD and Sheriff ASAP and send them a letter too. Our AG is not a friend of gun men.

The locks on the door are probably put on by the Sheriff. At least that's the way it is here in downstate NY.

This seems different than when Ithaca shuttered a couple of years ago, they found local FFLs including Les H to take the guns from the repair shop and get them back to their owners.

Last edited by Yeti; 07/26/07 08:48 PM.
tudorturtle #50029 07/26/07 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Yeti
Mickey,
Send Mr. Cuomo a letter, but call the local PD and Sheriff ASAP and send them a letter too. Our AG is not a friend of gun men.

The locks on the door are probably put on by the Sheriff. At least that's the way it is here in downstate NY.

This seems different than when Ithaca shuttered a couple of years ago, they found local FFLs including Les H to take the guns from the repair shop and get them back to their owners.

Spend the extra bucks and get them registered return receipt, It's proof of claim in any court.

BIG AL #50057 07/26/07 10:46 PM
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I side with John M.'s sage advise on this and I am saddened to hear or learn of anyone who is backed into one of life's many corners.

On proof of ownership, the gun should have been entered in the smith's BTAF record book when he received it. If not, then there is an additional issue for him to face .. one that I hope is absent.

tw #50060 07/26/07 11:36 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

"I am saddened to hear or learn of anyone who is backed into one of life's many corners."

So Andy is yet another victim? I thought he was the crook. Thank God for liberalism.

Did Andy eat at Chili's from time to time? Did he drive a new-ish vehicle with A/C and a CD player? Did he smoke, drink, or have cable TV? I'll bet he did at least some of those things.

Most of us have been on hard times before....but not many of us decided the answer was to rip off someone else. What am I missing here?

John Mann #50061 07/26/07 11:42 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Some find expediency in bending the rules and shove their prior moral sense to the back burner and are found out. This last scenario never fails to harm many more than the man that fails himself."

That's heavy....but here's the deal - the amount of harm suffered by the crook in proportion to his victim is not an issue. In other words, the fact that Andy may be worse off of all doesn't mean the damage he caused others is somehow lessened. That's because his customers DID NOTHING WRONG.

Andy deserves ALL the suffering and his customers deserve NONE of it.

What's really bad is he's not just hurt himself and his customers but every gun owner alive. Do we really need the media and the ATF to have any more fuel?

GregSY #50063 07/27/07 01:02 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

GregSY:

Read and comprehend !! The harm inflicted on others IS the issue.
As in a suicide, the dead pay no further price on this earth. Those effected will never fully recover.
What is important is not a material possession. It is the bond of man to man, in allegiance with one another, and the expectation that, no matter what, one's back is covered.
When that bond is broken the perpetrator is not so important.
It seems to me that as human, we have the moral responsibility to stand by those that suffer.Not as a result of misdeeds but the loss of that bond of great friendship, respect or love.
If this scenario be true, Andy has not only failed himself and brought himself down, but has brought great harm to many.
All can recover.
With Andy, assuming he is guilty as charged by his fellows, by making restitution, penitence and apology.
Others by agreeing that all men can bend, so far, and break. Their losses and pain will one day be relegated to being stories (painful and sad ones) and a possible monetary loss. They will recover. Recover, yes, but will have a sour taste in their mouths. Not caused by the loss of a property but a diminishing of man's faith in other men.
I will hold my counsel until I see that this man is, indeed, guilty and then do my best to support those that he harmed. I will also support any effort he makes to be a man that stands and makes all good.
I would hope to expect no less from you for me.
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
John Mann #50065 07/27/07 01:06 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Are you offering him free representation counsler.

HomelessjOe #50066 07/27/07 01:29 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep !!
I would counsel him to stand up as a man and make all right. I would do the same for you or anyone else that recognizes that he be only what he can best be.
Perhaps you are stronger than any I have consorted with, but I suspect not.
I would stand with any man that shows me his mettle and finds something more than self to defend.
I am not too much in my dotage that I can cast off my failings. I am still responsible for what I do and say. It is with great humility that I confess to being imperfect in the eyes of God and my fellows. I would , sincerely, hope that if I were to fail in my obligation to keep my word, that when I admitted same with remorse and regret, you and all my friends will say to me---John, I got your back.
Not much else matters greatly.
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.