April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,059 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
dukxdog Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have a house in South Dakota I make available for pheasant hunters to enjoy coming to hunt with their dogs and friends.

I have offered this here for several years. I've had a few guys who post here come out to stay and hunt. Not many, but a few. Some have become regulars for several years now.

I have many solo guys come to stay who make friends and like to be with the same group year after year. I have a 90% plus return rate for guys coming back to stay for hunting.

I only post here and a couple other places to fill a limited number of vacancies.

That's pretty darn good which is testament to how nice the house is, how good the food is and how I try to make sure each guy has a good time during their stay.

The public hunting is very good so one does not have to pay extra to hunt private land to have good hunting. I share my knowledge of locations to hunt to help with this.

Many of the guys bring double guns to hunt with. Some of the pump and auto shooters have bought double guns to use after seeing how us double users enjoy shooting our old guns.

My lodging is not expensive. Many guys comment that I could charge more to stay here because of the quality experience and good food.

Look into what the lodges across South Dakota charge to stay for three days hunting! My place is a bargain for guys who don't need to be babysat, have their own dogs or don't want to march down a field in a line of florescent orange. I have guys who came out for five days now staying 10-15 day stretches!

I'm on the list of guys who donate money to this site since 2017. It's listed as to what my PayPal account was under for the most part.

(Woodruff Storage, Robert B. Lowe, Bird Dog Bunkhouse-Bobby Lowe) I'm not a FREE LOADER here.

I generally post once a season with some updates for availability. I don't keep filling up the threads promoting my service. I don't pressure anyone to check out my threads.

I don't get involved with the bantering which often occurs here. Even old guys are immature if not just plain RUDE or A$$holes. Tough guys behind the computer, right!

Most guys here never actually meet anyone else who post here. You are not really friends. I do make real friends of the guys who come to hunt.

Apparently there were enough of you guys who decided to complain to Dave about my posts that he deleted all of my Bird Dog Bunkhouse posts.

I don't know the real reason you chose to complain because you weren't forced to look at my offer or even open my thread. It just made you angry.

Some guys are jealous for what reason I don't understand. Some guys just like to ruin good things that other people enjoy!

Anyways, you guys who chose to complain give yourselves a big pat on the back for getting me canceled for posting Bird Dog Bunkhouse on Doublegunshop.

I hope it really made you feel BIG and IMPORTANT and that you really accomplished something that day you complained.

I know that personally I never did anything to anyone here to deserve your whining to Dave.

It's really to bad that you had nothing better to do or had a more enjoyable life that you had to try to ruin other people's enjoyment.

It's not only that you canceled my ability to offer a quality vacation to fellow hunters.

You cancelled the opportunity for guys here to come have a great time with their guns, dogs, friends and to make new friends with common interests.

I doubt that your life will be any better because you got me cancelled here.

You are the ones who really missed out by not coming to South Dakota for a quality stay hunting wild pheasants. Maybe you only shoot trap (and probably not all that good)?

I'll be hunting SD 40 days this season with my nice doubles, my dogs, killing roosters and enjoying friendships made over the years because of my hunting house.

The bonus of having the good friends I've made over the years because I had a very nice place for them to come out to really adds to my enjoyment.

WELL DONE! You really did something to be proud of that day.

Bobby

With a fine gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off.
3 members like this: Ghostrider, BrentD, Prof, SKB
Sidelock
Sidelock

You seem upset.
I'm sure anyone that wants to buy a vacation stay from you can still find you.
I never cared one way or the other. Obviously you did, and Dave did.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I really enjoyed living vicariously through you and your clients.

I will miss these postings and updates.

I would invite others to view here

http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25173

Mike

Last edited by skeettx; 08/22/23 02:24 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
2 members like this: Mr W martin, dukxdog
Sidelock
Sidelock

As you said, they're A$$holes. I've been a member of this board since 2006 and rarely visit anymore for exact same reasons you mentioned.

-Shoot Straight, IM
5 members like this: ithaca1, OldMaineWoodsman, Ghostrider, dukxdog, SKB
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bobby,

Sorry to hear how some uptight people on this board canceled a great place. I talked with you on the phone and stayed at you place in 2020. You helped a lot on the areas that may hold birds. I had a good time.

Ken

1 member likes this: dukxdog
Boxlock
Boxlock

I have never been, but dream of going. Last year I linked your post to a text message to my brother. He couldn’t believe how inexpensive it was. I obviously click and read the post, just to see pictures and hope I can go someday.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bobby sorry to hear of the asshokes that complained about your offerings to a wonderful place to go and have a good time hunting. I don't see anything wrong with what you did but if I had a guess as to whom they are they are the same ones that complain about most everything and I would bet they are Demorats.

Good luck to you this coming season.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wasn't me...

Probably ED

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry, I thought it was a great ref to keep for future

This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
2 members like this: Ghostrider, dukxdog
Sidelock
Sidelock

I’m just wondering why anyone would complain about Bobby letting everyone know he has a place to stay offering good food, good hunting and great comradery ? He’s been posting his few available spots here for several years. Why did someone suddenly feel the need to complain? Why did you feel the need to oblige them and even go back and delete previous posts? It seems to me the buy/sell board is the perfect place for this post. Bobby’s not in it to make money. He’s in it share his love of pheasant hunting with other likeminded people. I feel sorry for the complainers. They really are sad.

3 members like this: David Williamson, Ghostrider, dukxdog
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.