April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Vol423, fab500), 363 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,474
Posts545,168
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#634837 08/29/23 11:40 PM
Jimmy W Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have seen quite a few of these lately in the gun stores. The Sharptail and the Bob white. I have also been reading about them, but there are a lot of mixed reviews. For the price, I was wondering if they are okay. They look pretty nice but you can't tell without shooting them. I guess I don't really expect much for that price, but I am assuming they should be okay for bird hunting. I imagine that they are on the quality of a Stoeger type shotgun. So I was wondering if any of you guys have purchased any CZ side by sides. And what are your thoughts about them? Thanks for any opinions.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Made by Huglu in Turkey. Have been around at least 20 years. Good US service dept. They (Huglu) make many private label brands.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

if trigger pull is important to you, I would not recommend buying one without dropping in snap caps and checking. CZ will reduce pull weight to the weight of the gun.

Jimmy W Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Are they dependable? Will they last as a hunting gun??

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would not buy one of their single trigger guns, I owned several and had problems with all.
The double trigger guns seem to have less problems.

My wife lets me buy all the guns I can hide.
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

I shoot with a friend that owns several. His son shoots the O/U that has held up pretty well. He shoots the heavy 12 model and has sent it back so many times he knows the service mgr by name. The last time the rib came loose and for a fee they replaced it with a new gun. He also owns the light 20 and shoots it rarely, but loves it for carrying / hunting. He still thinks they are great for the $.

This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a Bobwhite 28 ga. 1st generation. A wonderful gun. I had a local smith lighten pull. The gun weighed 5 lbs. 5 oz. It was on a scaled 28 ga. action. Good little woodcock gun. Last spring I gave it to a friend's grandson and replaced it with an Iside 28. Here's my little Bobwhite in the middle of the photo taken on the last day of SC woodcock season Jan. 2023. Gil
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

They seem to be a very good place to start. For the money, I'm not sure you can improve much upon them. The triggers seem to be their only true weak point (heavy & creepy) but once they've been serviced (which is free for the original owners) they're very serviceable. I bought one for my son as a beginner all-around gun (a Bobwhite G-2 in 12). The doublegun version of an 870, and useable for just about anything (with choke tubes and steel tolerant).

Sidelock
Sidelock

like a lotta post ww2 made guns, these do not have the fit, finish, look or feel of a good pre war made gon...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a 12 g Bobwhite G2. The quality is better than a Stoeger. The gun is very tight when you get it. From what I have read, the wood ranges from appropriate to the cost of the gun to pretty good. Comes with 5 chokes and a decent plastic case. I think it is a pretty good price for what you are getting, if this was made in the US, it would probably be at least a $1000 dollar gun. As already mentioned, triggers can be heavy to people used to higher end guns, I'd guess them at about 6-8 lbs. The gun MAY not like all brands of ammo. Mine doesn't like soft primers. I certainly don't regret buying it and it's nice having a gun that isn't going to cost a small fortune if something breaks.

Two shooting friends bought one of the CZ Hammerguns. They both like the gun and it's a good looking gun. CZ is making inroads into the Cowboy shooting crowd and there are new gunsmiths who are offering CZ guns set up for Cowboy shootings.

Last edited by Chantry; 08/30/23 02:03 PM.

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.