May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Der Ami, graybeardtmm3, Jtplumb, Oberndorf), 275 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,554
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is information regarding Malaria in Namibia, but your outfitter should offer advice
https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/travelers/country_table/n.html
Randy is correct re: doxycycline. Be aware that there is a risk of a photo-allergic rash with lots of sun exposure.
https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/travelers/drugs.html
Also ask the outfitter if Yellow Fever vaccination is required

Some more nasties to avoid frown You REALLY don't want Leishmaniasis
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/namibia

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts
Never wear sandals, anywhere, anytime. For women and children. Flip flops are dangerous if you do anything outside.
JR
Dang John. Tell us how you realllly feel about sandals. I suppose we dont even need to talk about the issue of sandals with socks?? My grandsoninlaw wears slip on square toe boots to work just for the safety factor as he inspects water systems in factories, but any other time in New Braunfels and San Antonio Texas, summer or winter, he can be found in flip flops and shorts. He says he got used to them when he was really into competition fishing and has just never gotten away from them. Hey, to each his own!!

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know how to move it to this thread but here is a link to a pic where I once duck hunted in flip flops.

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forum...ords=Reelfoot&Search=true#Post456280

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Perry M. Kissam
Originally Posted by John Roberts
Never wear sandals, anywhere, anytime. For women and children. Flip flops are dangerous if you do anything outside.
JR
Dang John. Tell us how you realllly feel about sandals. I suppose we dont even need to talk about the issue of sandals with socks?? Hey, to each his own!!

perry, not long ago i was selecting a card to send a step grandson for his high school graduation....and, as usual, felt compelled to look at a few of the more clever ones in the display.

couldn't resist picked one up that, on it's face, said - do you know why old men wear white socks with sandals?

inside....well, you're one year closer to finding out.

best regards,
tom

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
2 members like this: John Roberts, GLS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good one Tom. Where in Southern New Mexico?

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gentlemen
(An assumption given the call signs, my apologies to any Ladies involved)

Thanks for all your advice and links. I will investigate each and every one and make a decision.

Thank you again for taking so much interest and giving so much advice.

I will be going in July 2024 so i will order well in advance.

All the best

Skeeterbd

Last edited by Skeeterbd; 10/25/23 03:58 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I bought a set of Westley Richards Courtney's at a deep discount. They are old school leather boots made in Africa, I forget where. Hardest shoes to break in that I've ever experienced. No lining, seams present on the inside, etc. But once broken in, very comfortable , and durable. They can be fixed, re-Soled etc just like shoes from the 1950s (or 1850s).

Sidelock
Sidelock

I cracked a little smile about my good deal, sale Courteney's. I like them, wear them going out some times. I doubt mine will ever break in, not exactly something I'd take on some safari, with a lot of walking. My wife says, why are you wearing the duck shoes

Sidelock
Sidelock

Whites can make you any type of boot your heart desires and they’ll last at a minimum 2 lifetimes.

Anyone here ever own a pair of Whites or Whites built Hathorn Explorers? You hardly hear anyone talk about these best quality boots outside of western US.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I hadn’t heard of them Dustin. They look to be very good quality, but, seemed more like something I’d wear to work rather than hunting. The website only listed one hunting boot, and it was made in Europe.

Best,
Ted

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.