April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (graybeardtmm3, eeb, barrel browner, 1 invisible), 440 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,478
Posts545,197
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Yesterday at 09:34 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dallas Gun club is the nicest in Texas. Greater Houston would be number 2 but we might be gaining on them

John
Arrieta

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Boxlock
Boxlock

I've heard Greater Houston has become a very nice place, though I haven't been there in years. When I was young, back in the 80s of the last century, I took lessons from a guy named Grand Ilseng out there. He was old then, and slow moving and, if I recall correctly, dealing with some heart issues. Back then the club was all about skeet and trap and a pretty modest clubhouse that was more icehouse than country club. Drill pipe scattered around with weeds growing through. Live pigeon shoots on an opaque schedule (those ended in the early 80s, as Houston was getting too big city for that sort of thing in a public venue). Good memories from a long time ago. Sounds like you guys have a newer version of it going strong. I'm glad.

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Running five rings for the larger shoots allows for shorter crank times and the order gets changed each day to prevent any cherry picking. There are a lot of good things happening in TX these days and if anyone has the hankering to shoot helice, there are actually several venues/places where you may do so. Please visit USHA to see the options available today to play the game; there are a number of them around the country. Try it, you may like it. The 'timing', at least to me, is different from shooting 'pigs', as my old friend, Bill Wise called them. What a perfectly wonderful person he was here and in real life as well, and as Grant Ilseng, Buck Stark, Dick Pope, Gene Sears, Cyril Adams, Bob Brister, J.O. Bates, Richard Smith, and a few others not named who are no longer with us... has left an indelible impression on some of us fortunate enough to have known and interfaced with them.

Listo?

Last edited by tw; 11/09/23 01:29 AM.
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.