May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (bbman3, jake van dyke, earlyriser, Lloyd3, Jtplumb, Dale May), 1,047 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,509
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I remember John. Nice fellow. That's a shame. We'll all be praying for him.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Wonko the Sane
Please spew your excremental political propaganda elsewhere
Here's hoping your friend recovers.

2 members like this: docbill, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

is it hit any worse now than it has always been?

my father in law, who was around 80 at the time, was mugged in the early nineties...

on 42nd street in mid town manhattan...

criminals will always prey on those who appear to be weaker than them...

it is scary out there...

when i leave the safety of northern new england, i pack a hand gun...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by eeb
Originally Posted by Wonko the Sane
Please spew your excremental political propaganda elsewhere

What…?

That's merely Dr. Wanker's polite way of saying he doesn't like to be reminded that he voted for the anti-gun Democrat Party that works to defund the Police, gives amnesty to criminals, corrupted the Justice System, and just generally turned the U.S. into a dumpster fire.

No political party can insure total freedom from crime. But there is no question that some politicians are more effective. When Ed's father-in-law was mugged in NYC, Democrat David Dinkens was mayor, and crime rates were sky high. He was succeeded by Mayor Rudy Giuliani. who implemented anti-crime policies that made NYC a much safer place.

I hope Mr. Meeker makes a full recovery.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

1 member likes this: 1916XE
Sidelock
Sidelock

Last email address I have for him is marshgrrl@gmail.com

I think he had a dog with that handle? Been a long time, sorry.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry to hear about John, I remember the name . I appreciate you don't want the thread hijacked but if we don't recognize and consider the changes in our society, well as the saying goes, all that is required for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing to stop it. If we think because we live in the country or suburbs we are immune to the rising crime in the cities we are wrong. When evil goes unchecked it spreads.

This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
2 members like this: craigd, John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wherever there is a drug culture flourishing crime will be rampant. They go hand in hand.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: 1916XE
Sidelock
Sidelock

Drug culture, or otherwise, law enforcement has been pretty much shackled in a lot of places that vote a certain way:

https://nypost.com/2023/06/19/video-shows-car-slamming-into-suv-killing-5-minnesota-women/

A legislators son. Released after previous felonies. The perp was doing 100mph when he hit the car full of women and killed them all. Cops understand nothing happens to the perps they arrest, and they scarcely notice the rampant crime going on about them. Another day, another donut.

People get dead. So it goes.

Best,
Ted

2 members like this: craigd, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Glad I don't live in a place like that, Ted, but things are not perfect here either. Several years ago our good ol' boy sheriff finally decided to retire from the office which he had held for 36 years. Our county elected it's first black sheriff, much to the surprise of many. I supported him 100%, including with my dollars. The drug culture I mentioned was rampant toward the end of the old sheriff's last term. When campaigning the black sheriff (to-be) made a vow to reduce overall crime by 50% in his first year of office. He was elected and made sweeping changes to the way the office of sheriff addressed crime. The last year the old sheriff was in office there were 12 murders in our rural, primarily agricultural, county. The first year of the new sheriff's term that dropped to 1. He busted the drug peddlers and pushers that had been given a pass for years and overall crime dropped like a lead balloon. He absolutely delivered on his campaign promise, and then some.

This sheriff is running for reelection right now and has a lot of support, but the old former sheriff, many believe, is pushing all kinds of efforts to have him unseated, IMO because he sees his own "legacy" as being soiled by the ongoing efforts, successes and support of our "new black sheriff". It's a shame we cannot put to death the old southern stereotype sheriff image that still tries to put a stranglehold on honest law enforcement. Our black sheriff is a personal friend of mine, and I'm supporting him for reelection, with my voice, my prayers, and my dollars. Old established ways often die hard, and politics can be a dirty, dirty business.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
8 members like this: GLS, PhysDoc, craigd, 1916XE, bushveld, Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you for the news. John has been on my mind for a few weeks now. We met up in Michigan several years ago at a regional get-together. Very knowledgeable, talented and generous with his abilities. Needless to say, this saddens me to no end. Prayers for his recovery.

3 members like this: docbill, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.