April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (vern21, GETTEMANS), 368 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,474
Posts545,167
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#50618 07/31/07 12:36 PM
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I have happened upon a beautiful RBL 20 gauge and have the gun on a 5-day hold. I'm interested in your opinions.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Search this site and http://bbs.shootingsportsman.com/index.php
for 'RBL' and you'll probably need all 5 days to read the "opinions".

Apparently they do go bang when you pull the trigger [or triggers if it was made properly ]. If it floats your boat, buy it.

Always looking for small bore Francotte SxS shotguns.

Depends on what you want/need and what the price is of course.
I have had a RBL since last October.
Shot skeet and hunted with it several times.
Mechanicaly the gun is without fault. A minor cosmetic flaw was addressed and corrected promptly by CSMC.
If it fits you and looks good to you, ie. the correct # of triggers, grip and fore end design and the wood is what you want- buy it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great American made side by side! Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

I love mine. Very good product for the money. Had mine since Nov, day before turkey day. Hunted and shot lots of clays with it. I went full options w/o case hardening. Mine was an early gun under 300. I have seen others not finished as nice as mine. I would not trade it for anything near its price range.

If you care to know more pm me

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I have heard some people have had problems with the friction choke tubes. Any one here have issues. The gun dimensions fit me so that not a question.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Although I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet, I'm pleased with how it turned out, I'm in the 900s. For an American shotgun in this price range, it's was a good purchase for me. I'm looking forward to hunting with it this fall.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Another indestructible American side by side that just keeps on working day in and day out…….wow imagine that!!!!!!!!
All the best

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have roughly 4000 rounds +/- through mine to date. Admittedly not a lot in the scheme of things shotgun, but I intend to correct that, God willing, and as time and opportunity allow. It has functioned without flaw and I am very pleased with it. It is a field gun and used as such, a delight.

FWIW, I shy from 1oz./28gr. loads, finding the normal 7/8oz. or 25 gram (foreign) payloads better suited to the gun's weight.

Aside from the wood, the nicest surprise was the beauty of the patterns and the bbl's regulation .. spot-on, for both. Experience tells me that is not always the case and that includes some guns costing many times what the RBL did.

No problems w/choke tubes, but I did pick up a Carlson's wrench from Cabela's as the CSMC supplied friction qwrench just seems counterintuiative-pushing dowm harder while unscrewing doesn't seem right.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.