April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gunning Bird, Fudd, Jtplumb, Marks_21, 2 invisible), 482 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,159
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

I bought this Smith 2 weeks ago for $1299 plus the fees. ( Serial 7487E)
Seller begrudgingly took a return but shorted my refund $60 for shipping.
He promptly relisted @ $1899 without including the defects I was so gracious to notice, photograph, and send to him.
1. Ring bulge and dent repairs on the left barrel.
2.)Repaired toe 3.) plus epoxy on buttplate
4.)Cracked stock.
Very questionable BWT in my opinion... but $60 didn't cover my time to measure wink
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1021969612

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

You can't see the bulge in the barrels in his pictures. It almost looks like he might have switched barrels?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow. Thanks for pointing out a crook, Mark. I see no other explanation for what he did.

I am starting a "watch list" right now, internet sellers of which to beware. DKillion of Lockport, NY is no. 2 on the list. A "local guy" already heads it up.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
You can't see the bulge in the barrels in his pictures. It almost looks like he might have switched barrels?

Jimmy, it appears that the seller strategically did not provide a picture of the top of the muzzle area. A really honest seller will take pains to provide clear photos and describe any damage or flaws, and let the buyer decide if they can live with it. It also covers their butt for returns when all defects are clearly disclosed.

The bulge and stock crack, were not at all evident in the pictures in the listing on Gunbroker. But I could easily see the epoxy repair on the buttplate in two photos. The repair to the toe is visible if you magnify picture no. 9, but kind of difficult to see because it is out of focus.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Blow up picture #14 of the top of the barrels. There is NO ring bulge on that left barrel in that photo. I honestly believe that this scheister took a picture of another set of barrels and then sold you the set with the bulge. This guy is crooked.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
AGS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

He states the barrel has a swell at the front of the barrel and invites reasonable offers. Which of course there is no way to do within the GunBroker rules. Anyone buying it outside channels has no protection. You should report the situtation to GunBroker.

Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

I do not believe for a second there is swapping of barrels involved or even hard and deliberate “cheating”. But I do think lack and initial overall lack of scrutinizing and a kick under the rug hope that I was a picky and pesky buyer.
The swell comment has been added to the description in very recent history not there when this thread started.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.